Walk Home ; 15

Me and Kitty walk besides each other. Since the weather has gotten noticeably colder due to autumn I be a gentleman and give Kitty my jacket. She has it wrapped around her shoulders whilst with her arm is hooked through mine, it feels like we're about to skip down a yellow brick road or something.

"So...that was my family..." Kitty reminds me about the awful dinner.

I wasn't sure what I expected when Kitty told me that her family wants me to join them for dinner...I just agreed to go because Kitty asked. I'll put my head in the oven if she asked too...not that I want to commit suicide or anything. I'm getting over that urge anyway. The stress of bills and everything is gone and is such a relief!

"Man, no offence or anything but I definitely feel better about mine." And my family is all over the place. But it's nothing like...that. "None taken. Anyway, I'd love to meet your little sister, not to mention just be smothered by British people. Sounds fancy." I crack a smile and show my head, I doubt that she'll ever meet my train wreck of a family, it's only a train wreck because I made it that way, I know moving over here was going to make them hate me.

"Trust me, you really don't. England is just as overrated as..." I don't know what to compare England too. I love London with all of my heart, but...the rest is a total shit hole. "Shut up" she happily laughs. I mean I don't want to be a dick and tell her that it isn't what she expects. So I don't say anything at all. Instead Kitty literally leans her head on my shoulder as it begins to lightly rain.

"You tried, ay?" I try to make light of the situation. I mean there's no situation really, Kitty Holland just randomly put her head on my shoulder with our arms linked through each other's. I'm only making out it's a big deal because — a girl he never done that to me before. "Yeah, I am a bit." She mumbles as I smile.

"Should I pop to the shops and get some more tea bags?" The campus 7/11 has actual Yorkshire tea...not to mention the other day I found a fucking kettle! Like that's a pretty rare find in the states, or so someone told me. I can make her a prober cuppa. Kitty loves tea. "No...no..." she opens her eyes and leans her her off of my shoulder. It feels like I can breathe once again.

"But you like a tea before going bed?" It's true. Apparently Kitty has problems sleeping, every now and again she gets so sleep deprived that she randomly collapses and falls asleep. Since one night I made her a cup of tea she's been going to sleep, I've noticed she has got more energy in her now than before we shared the apartment together. I don't think a milky tea before bed can make you that tired that it cures sleep deprivation...maybe she is using that as an excuse. She is probably taking something from out the pill drawer in her vanity set. Not that I've ever rummaged through them to know — one night we was sitting in her room and she told me she needs to take meds for some reason.

"Yeah I know. Just...not tonight." That's strange. But me being me doesn't question it. Instead I walk besides her and cut across the campus short grass to get to the other block. Thankfully this time, because of the weather, the sprinklers are turned off. Me and Kitty remain in silence until walk about another half a block until the doorman opens the apartment building doors for us. "Are you okay?" I ask Kitty as soon as we step foot in the lift. Kitty rubs her head. She's looking really pale at the moment, even through her make up she looks like death warmed up. "I think with the excitement of seeing Hunter today and the stress of the wedding...exams...what I'm going to do after I finish university...Alice...everything is taking it's toll on me." With that I don't say anything as per usual. Instead, this time I hug her tightly. Not a kiss, not a cliché lecture. But a friendly warm bear hug.

Just by the hug her hear her sobbing. "What's really up?" I whisper knowing that she's hiding something from me. All night Kitty has been acting strange, she is also a little clingy to me as well. Like this earlier when she didn't want to leave me alone with her dad and brother. Kitty then shakes her head, she doesn't have to tell me, I won't ever hold it against her or anything like that. "I just want to help..." my voice trails off. Kitty dries her blue eyes, as she does she opens her mouth, but before words can fall out the lift doors open.

"Do you have the...card?" Kitty sniffs pointing to the front door as I point to my jacket's pocket of which she is wearing. "Thanks..." she sniffs before getting out the keycard and unlocking the door before throwing herself through it. Hopefully whatever is making her upset fades away over night...

A-N
I wonder what could possibly be making Kitty upset?! Does anyone want to have a guess?