2

We rush out to my aunts car just as it starts to rain. I get into the front seat and we drive away, toward the hospital.  

"What happened?"

"Your mother, she got into a car accident. She's  in a coma."

I'm speechless for the rest of the drive.

When we arrive at the hospital, I rush inside ahead of my aunt.

"Catherine Lockheart?" The receptionist calls after me.

"Yea, yes that's me. Where is my mom?"

"Second floor, first door on the right."

I take off running down the hall. Into the elevator, next floor, first door.

I look in.

My mother is on her hospital bed, four stitches across her forehead, left leg in a cast, breathing tube.

"Mom" I whisper.

My aunt arrives, grasps me in a hug. I collapse on the floor, sobs racking through my body. Everything goes dark.

Catherine

        Catherine...

Mom?

  Yes honey. I'm here. Baby, listen to me. You need to find your father.

I don't know my father.

I know, but you need to find him. Back at home, in my desk drawer, is a notebook. On the last page is a phone number, you need to call it.

But I miss you, mom.

I know you do. But you need to be strong. I love you.

I sit up in bed, at my aunts house.

Just a dream. Just a really weird dream.

And then the phone rings on the nightstand. I jump, then turn on the bedside lamp.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Catherine? This is St. Paul's Memorial Hospital. Is your Aunt there?"

"She's sleeping. What is it? Is it my mom? Is she okay?" I ask, my voice rising.

"Catherine, Your mom has passed away."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for reading.

I will be introducing more elements of Supernatural as the story progresses.

- Liv