5

Unfortunately, I never thought about how  I was going to climb down from my second story window. The nearest tree was at least a meter away.

Not the best for someone who can't even kick a soccer ball.

As I am inspecting the distance, wondering if I could make the jump without falling and becoming a pancake, fate decides for me.

Light footsteps coming up the stairs, getting louder as they neared.

I had no choice. I had to jump, and I had to make it.

I throw my stuff out the window, cringing when I remember my laptop and my phone.

Just as my Aunt reaches the top of the staircase, I jump.

I am soaring through the air. I hit something solid, and I grasp onto the reassuring tree branch.

I climb down the rest of the way, almost falling twice when stray acorns plop down on my head.

Eventually, I hit the ground, gather my shirts and probably broken laptop, and take off running into the night.

..................................................                                       ........................................................                                              

When I make it to the gas station it is eleven - eleven. I hope he isn't extremely punctual.

 The only car in the parking lot is a shiny black one. A Chevy Impala, I can tell. I am quite the car enthusiast. Two men step out. At first I am startled, but then one of them says,

"You Cat?"

"Yeah."

"My name is Dean Winchester, this is my brother, Sam."

"Oh." Is all I can say.

We stand there for a long time before I break the silence.

"My mother is dead. She came to me in a dream, and told me to call you"

I don't know why I tell him this. He just seems easy to talk to.

"She came to you in a dream?"

I guess not.

"I know it sounds crazy, but you have to believe me. You s-"

"We believe you."

An answer I was not expecting.