Grades

Naruto adjusted to the new school rather fast, some might say it's like he's been here his whole life.

The old teachers can see a small Minato running around the school others see a loud Kushina. Naruto is both of his parents but one thing he isn't shy. Naruto isn't soft spoken he's loud and smart.

A good personality combination. But everyday since Naruto got out of the hospital he's been asked he same question "Can we have a study date?" It's not always those exact words but it still means the same thing.

Naruto doesn't want anyone, right now. Okay maybe one person stands out to him. But that can never happen!

Naruto was sitting in Kakashi's room with his friends that's where they eat lunch now, it's quiet and Kakashi is actually pretty funny. He gives good advice and helps with everything!

Naruto didn't feel like he was replacing his father in anyway, he felt like he got an older brother, a mentor. Family isn't always blood and for Naruto that was always true.

Kiba was like his brother. Only he isn't always down to do everything.

Last week Naruto got out his old bmx bike and asked Kiba if he had one which he did. They went down to a old abandoned building good for jumps and other things.

Naruto asked Kiba if he would ever ride off a cliff or something. Kiba practically fell off his bike. Naruto laughed and then they rode into the woods.

"Naruto you're not, riding down a cliff" Kiba demanded. Naruto swung his head back and laughed. They kept riding until they reached the cliff. "Naruto! Don't do it you idiot" Naruto put his bike on the edge and sat there.

"Kiba. I don't fear death" Naruto looked at him. The words rolled off Naruto tongue like they were nothing. "If I die right now, I died my own way. This is my life" Naruto gave Kiba a thumbs up and rolled down the hill.

The rocks and the pot holes were not avoidable. Naruto hit them and tried to get the bike under control but it seemed impossible.

Naruto watched as the front bike tire got stuck in a hole and flipped. Naruto was lucky the bike was at the bottom when it flipped. Naruto laid there on his back arms sprawled out. He laughed.

Kiba came and got him soon after they both walked out onto the main road. They made their way back to the center of town and sat on a bench. No words were said but Kiba and Naruto shared something that day. Fear.

"You're a fucking lunatic" Kiba muttered with a grin. He's never met someone like Naruto.

Naruto laughed and shook his head, "want to ride down it with me once? Just once in our life before we leave let's ride down the cliff together." Naruto held out his hand and waited.

Kiba gave Naruto a look but then shrugged his shoulders and shook Naruto's hand. They both smiled at each other.

"I'll have to buy a new bike though..." Naruto said. Kiba could do nothing but laugh.

Kiba and Shikamaru walked out of Kakashi's room soundlessly and stealth like, so no one would see Naruto and them were in Kakashi's room. They walked to the cafeteria for a bag of chips and a drink.

Naruto looked through his stories, all graded with a 99 or 98 not once did he ever receive a 100 in Kakashi's class. It irked Naruto a lot, his writing was amazing.

"Kakashi! How come I haven't gotten a hundred in your class?!" Naruto yelled.

Kakashi looked up from his book and smiled "Your writing is incredible, but you're missing something."

"Yeah" Naruto yelled " a one hundred" Naruto scowled as Kakashi shook his head no.

"It's missing something, you're not giving your full potential. Something is always missing from your stories. I think you know what it is" Kakashi picked up his book and wiggled it in the air before continuing his reading.

Naruto wanted to throw up. Romance? Naruto doesn't write about romance. Naruto doesn't even no where to start when writing one of them.

Naruto's face turned red as he thought about this kind of thing he wasn't a romance, fluffy writer.

Naruto sighed the closest thing he ever had to romance was Sai. SAI! He would talk to Sai the first chance he got. He needed to talk to him anyway.

Naruto was staring at his computer screen. 'How the fuck do you start a romance story'
Naruto thought to himself.

Naruto brought his head back up and sat there glaring at Kakashi.

Kiba and Shikamaru came walking in with a look of anger?

"What's wrong" Naruto asked. Kiba shook his head. "Neji" Kiba answered.

"What did he do?" Lee asked.

"Nothing" Shikamaru answered "he's just grumpy because they didn't have any chips" Kiba stood up from his desk.

"He stole the last bag of chips! I saw him smile at me" Kiba walked over to the window and stared.

"Hey there's Sasuke and Sakura." Kiba pointed to the boy sitting under the tree. "Oh and Sai. Naruto ran over to the desk and smiled.

"I'm going for a walk" Naruto walked out of the classroom.

"I wonder if he knows we're going to watch him" Kiba said as he pulled a desk over to the window. Everyone else did the same including Kakashi who just wheeled over in his chair. Occasionally looking up from his book.