Day 1: Christmas Lights

"You know," Dallon starts as he reaches over and hangs the lights, "you really could help."

Ryan drinks some of his tea as he sits in the bay window that Dallon is outside of. 

"I could, yeah," he flips another page of his book, "but that's not fun. There's no way I could help, is there?" Dallon looks at the lights, then at his husband, and then Ryan continues, "Plus, what if our daughter wakes up? Who will be the one to go check on her?"

Ryan pushes up his glasses and smiles, and Dallon sighs. He finishes up with the lights soon enough before getting down the ladder. He goes inside, puts the ladder away, then quietly goes upstairs. As predicted, Dorothy begins to fuss and Ryan stands. He puts the book down and picks her up, quietly humming as he gently swings her back and forth. 

Dallon undresses until he's wearing his sweater and jeans. He walks upstairs, stopping when he sees his husband and daughter together. She quickly falls asleep in his arms and Ryan puts her back in her crib, lying her down carefully. Dallon wraps his arms around Ryan's waist, holding him close.

"You really could've helped with the Christmas lights, you know," Dallon says, and Ryan hums, smiling. 

"I love you," he says. 

"I love you too."