Day 24: Present

"Why can't you just be easy and give me something? Like... even just saying some batteries will be fine," Ryan begs his boyfriend through the phone.

"Fine, get me some batteries."

"No, cause you don't actually want batteries," Ryan says, and Dallon laughs. "What about- no, you already have that."

"Babe, you don't have to get me anything. Being with you is all I want and all I need."

"Okay, yeah, yeah, I love your sappy bullshit, but seriously, what do you want?"

Dallon chuckles. 

"If it helps, we're almost out of English tea," Dallon says, looking at his cup of tea. 

"I already got some, I can't use that as a present."

"Why are so worried about this? You don't need to get me anything. If I want something, I'll buy it. It's not like we don't have money," Dallon explains, and Ryan rolls his eyes.

"You're missing the point of a gift."

"You sure are a gift, what if I just wanted you?" Dallon asks, smirking a bit.

"No, fuck off with your cute little compliments, I'm trying to buy you a present, and Christmas is tomorrow!" Ryan says, causing Dallon to laugh more.

"You already bought me a few presents, you're fine, Ry," Dallon says. 

"You got me 10 presents, I only have 9."

"Will it make you feel better if I told you that one of the presents is more like a gift to both of us?" 

"What is it, food?" Ryan asks, laughing lightly. 

"Hmm, no. Actually, to make it even, I think I'll give it to you tonight, how about that?"

"Fine, whatever," Ryan says, and Dallon hums, looking at the ring in the small box. He closes it and puts it next to him, then takes a quick drink of his tea.

"Now, come home. I miss you."

"I'll be there in a few."

"I love you."

"I love you too," Ryan says, smiling before hanging up.