Day 30: Slow Dance

it was fun. happy new year

"Ryan," Dallon says, and I look over at him. He stands and walks in front of me, holding a hand out. "Dance with me." 

I hesitate, but take his hand and stand. He pulls me close and places his other hand on my waist as I put mine on his shoulder. I rest my head on his other shoulder as our bodies begin to sway. He holds me close and I hold him close. I look at the time. 9pm, we're leaving tomorrow. 

I close my eyes and a tear falls down my cheek. I won't break, I promised him I wouldn't. 

The hardest part of a relationship is the ending. It's not quite our ending, but an ending of a small little world that we both live inside. He won't look at our room the same, he and Leann won't eat at the dinner table the same, he won't drive in his car the same. Maybe I'm brave to say that I've impacted his life completely, but it's fair because we've both done that. I changed him and he changed me, we both know that. 

What will never change, though, is how much we love each other. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to do this and live through it. I could hardly stand being away from him for 7 days and it quite literally almost killed me, how am I supposed to go 7 months?

We don't speak, and I think that's a good idea. No speaking, just swaying. I don't pull away, and he doesn't either. We just stay like this, dancing slightly with Yesterday by The Beatles playing.

I'm gonna lose him. He may not know that, but I sure do. I'm not sure when I'm gonna see him again, and if he looks at me the same when we do meet once more. We agreed on staying together. I can call him if I have 10 cents and know where a payphone is, but that means I'm gonna have to get a job just to call him.

I don't know how long we're gonna be like this, but frankly, I don't really care. Because I don't wanna let go just yet.