Day 23: Cheer Up

josh proposed to debby and I am Not Okay my heart is sobbing w happiness

Sobbing for no reason at 9 at night has been my specialty. The sun has just gone down; There's a slight hint of blue if you look closely enough. I think it's raining outside, but I can't pay attention to it. My head hurts from crying so much, and I just keep crying. There's no reason for my tears, it's purely depression. That makes me cry more, the thought that I'm just crying with no reason, like something's wrong with me.

Part of me wants to text Ryan, but then again, all of my friends seem to not like me recently. My own roommates, Brendon and Spencer, straight up told me that I seem like a completely different person. That's a good excuse to be sobbing. They're not home yet, they won't be for a while. They've tried avoiding me.

I get a notification from snapchat so I check it. My phone freezes and I accidentally pull up snapmaps. I stop and frown as I see Ryan's little bitmoji apparently next to me. A knock on my door interrupts me going to text him, so I turn my phone off, toss it to the side, and stand up. I sniffle and wipe my tears, but a small glimpse in the mirror hanging in the hallway already shows that my eyes are red and glossy and it's very obvious that I've been crying for five hours.

I open the door, and feel my heart flutter when I see the actual Ryan Ross holding some roses and a bag of Chinese food, as well as another bag with candy and movies.

"I know you've been sad recently, so I came to cheer you up," he says, and I force a small sad smile, inviting him in. He steps inside and I close the door.

"Thanks," I say, voice broken and shaky. Ryan's expression saddens and he hurries to the living room. I follow him until he puts the stuff down and turns and wraps his arms around me tightly.

"Don't forget that I love you, Dallon. I really do, you know that," Ryan says quietly. I feel the tears starting to form in my eyes.

"I love you too," I say shakily, body too weak to hug him back. It doesn't matter anyway, cause he pulls away. He grabs my hand and makes me sit on the couch, then runs upstairs. He comes back wearing one of my sweaters and a whole bunch of blankets in his arms. I smile, because he looks absolutely adorable. 

I'm in love with him. We used to cuddle and talk every day, always calling each other baby and other pet names. We haven't in three weeks, maybe he got tired. Maybe. It's our little joke, he just doesn't know how my heart flutters every time we touch or every time he calls me babe/baby.

He turns the T.V. on and puts in a movie, Spiderman Homecoming to be exact. Maybe it's weird for two 22 year old boys to watch Spiderman, but I don't really care.

Ryan turns the lights off and sets everything in front of us. The food, the candy and junk food, and then hands me a small carton. I open it, and it's my favorite-- plain chicken and noodles. He sits down, asks me to hold his, and I do. Ryan sits next to me, snuggling into me, starts the movie, then pulls the blankets over us. He kisses my cheek and grabs his food. I smile, because he knows just what to do to make me feel happier. I wrap my arm around him, balancing the carton between my legs, and use my right hand to eat. I kiss his head, and he hums a sound of content.

We eventually finish our food and watch the movie, now going onto the second one. Ryan cleaned up, throwing everything we've eaten away. It's nearly midnight, Brendon and Spencer should be back soon. Ryan stands up to switch the movie, and the silence takes advantage and I feel myself wanting to cry again. I sniffle as quietly as he can, but it catches Ryan's attention. He turns and sees me, and I look down, just looking sad in general.

"No, no, no, no, no, don't cry," he begs sadly, rushing up to me and around the table. 

He stands in front of me, and I reposition my legs so I'm not sitting crisscross. Ryan sits on my lap and I start blushing.

"Hey, baby, look," Ryan says quietly, placing his hands on the sides of my face. I look up at him, and he just stops.

We stare at each other for a long time, eyes locked, until I dare to look at Ryan's lips. Ryan suddenly leans in and crashes his lips against mine, and I immediately kiss back. My heart is pounding and my mind is spinning. I'm kissing Ryan, I'm kissing Ryan, I'm kissing-

"Holy fuck," Spencer says, causing Ryan to jump off of me, accidentally falling to the ground. He quickly stands up, and I just freeze, looking at them. They're all frozen, eyes wide.

"Uh..." Is all I can manage to say.

"You two-"

"You guys are dating?" Jon cuts Brendon off. I look at Ryan.

"Uh, yeah," Ryan says, and my heart skips a beat. Dating. Ryan Ross dating Dallon Weekes.

"And-" Spencer starts, but doesn't continue. They're speechless.

"I came over to cheer my boyfriend up, in case you were wondering," Ryan says quietly, looking at me.

"You didn't tell us?" Brendon asks.

"We just started dating, like... a month ago. Dallon's been struggling with other things so I thought it would be best if we focused on those instead of telling you guys," Ryan explains, and I internally thank him for taking over, because this is so much and I can hardly handle it.

I just look down, nervously tugging at the ends of my sleeves. 

"I didn't wanna put any more stress on him," Ryan adds.

"I... wow," Brendon says. There's a long silence.

"I think we're gonna go to bed," Ryan says, and makes me stand up, so I do, his hand in mine. He leads me upstairs and to my room. "I love you. I'm in love with you," he says. I smile, an actual smile.

"I'm in love with you too," I say. He smiles, pushing me on the bed.

"I know," he says, crawling on top of me and connecting our lips together once again.