Day 17: Roommates

When Josh, Tyler, Dallon and I agreed on having a party, I didn't quite realize just how many people they knew. The house is big but the amount of people here make it look tiny. Everyone's either drunk, dancing, making out, or all of the above.  

I can see Tyler sitting on Josh's lap in the hot tub outside, the two making out heatedly. I only know two other people here, and they've already had a few conversations with me. Nothing interesting. 

I sigh, walking upstairs, only to realize that there are more people. I make my way to my room, but a drunk girl stops me.

"Can't go in there, my friend's having sex with this guy she likes," she slurs. I take a step back, internally regretting not locking my door beforehand. I know that Josh and Tyler are gonna come up here any moment, drunk and horny, and so I don't go to their rooms. I don't wanna go out, I just wanna go to bed. 

I point to Dallon's room and she frowns a lot, thinking. 

"Some guy is in there. Tall, blue eyes, really fucking hot... tried to go with him but I didn't cause he didn't let me. Doesn't swing that way, or whatever." She takes another drink and I nod, walking down the hall and knocking on the door.

"Dal?" I say, and the door soon opens. Dallon pulls me inside and then locks the door.

"What's up?" He asks.

"I was just wondering if I could sleep in here. Someone's hooking up in my room, and based on how Tyler and Josh look like they're about to strip and fuck in the hot tub right then and there, I didn't wanna risk going to one of their rooms." 

Dallon laughs, but nods and leads me to his bed. He hands me a pill and some water. 

"For the headache."

"How'd you know?"

"Because you were squinting at the lights out there," Dallon says. He's good. I smile and take some water and swallow the pill. He puts the cup down and we both lay next to each other. It's cold in his room. His room has always been the coldest during the winter and hottest during the summer because he doesn't like wasting money on heating and cooling when he can just go downstairs, into another room.

"So," he starts, pulling me closer, "how drunk are you?"

"Hmm... pretty drunk," I say. He chuckles, then just holds me close as I slowly relax. "Dal?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm in love with you."

He tenses, pulling away.

"What?"

"I've been wanting to tell you but now that I'm drunk I can say whatever I want!" I say matter-of-factly. 

"No, no, are... are you really in love with me?"

"Why do you think Z and I broke up? Which by the way, we're just friends now and she's totally chill with me loving you," I explain quickly as if that'll change everything. 

There's a long pause.

"Do you love me too?" I ask quietly and sadly.

"Get some sleep, Ry," he tells me, laying down again. 

There's another long pause. I chuckle a bit.

"You're an idiot," Dallon says. 

"An idiot you're in love with?"

"Sadly, yeah."

"Good. By the way, I'm not really drunk."

"Yeah, I know, dumbass," he says before pulling me close. I laugh a bit and he kisses my cheek and neck. "I love you."

"I love you too."