Chapter 19

Tori

Lying in the cocoon of my thick quilt on my bed, my favourite playlist titled 'mood' playing through my earphones, I stare at the blank wall in front of me while my mind falls into a daze. A daze about multiple things, one of which, is Daniel Seavey.

I can't stop thinking about what he actually did for me; he saved me. And I think that I may have taken it for granted and overlooked it. Yes, it's his fault that I was even there in the first place, but either way, if he didn't care, I would be dead.

Does he care?

No. He's Daniel. And I'm Tori.

Okay, let's just say that I'm thankful, well more thankful, I'm amazed by what he's done, but still, I'm not going to say he's my knight in shining armour or anything. He isn't my superhero.

My thoughts are interrupted by the opening of my door. I lift my head up from the thick blanket to find my mom standing there, her tiny frame wrapped in her dressing gown, her chocolate brown hair a messy knot on her head, but she still looks beautiful. It's unfair.

"Can I come in?" she asks, a small smile on her face.

"Yeah, sure." I smile back.

She approaches me before taking a seat beside me on my bed. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm okay, thanks. Don't worry about me, Mom."

"How can I not worry? You were kidnapped, Tori. Just saying, you aren't ever going out past eight o'clock again."

I laugh lightly. "That's fine, I understand. But honestly, I'm fine."

"God, you're so strong, baby. If that was me, I'd be traumatized. I'd never want to leave the house." Her hand rests on top of mine as she speaks.

"I'm not that strong, Mom. I just know that I'll be okay."

"Okay," she whispers. "I want to know more about this guy that risked his life for you." Her voice peaks with enthusiasm.

"Oh my god, Mom." I laugh, shaking my head. "He's not even a friend. I don't even know why he did it." I shrug my shoulders, but can't stop myself from smiling at the thought of what he did.

"Oh my god." she suddenly says, her eyes going wide.

"What?" I ask worriedly.

"You're blushing." She puts the back of her hand on my cheek. "You're actually blushing."

"Mom." I swat her hand away. "I always blush, you know that."

"Not when I speak about boys to you." She grins widely. "Has he got facebook? Instagram? I wanna see a picture of him."

"No, he isn't that type of person."

"He doesn't have facebook? Everyone has a facebook. What is he like then?"

"Hmm..." I rub my chin. "You know what, Mom. He's like a rock hard stone with a little bit of gold glitter in the middle."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? I'm not smart, I don't get poetry, Tor--"

"It's not poetry." I cut her off, pushing her off of my bed. "And I'm tired so I gotta sleep."

"Okay, okay," she laughs, before leaning down to kiss my forehead. "Night, baby. I love you."

"Night, Mom. I love you too."

As she approaches the door, she turns around to face me and begins to do some kind of happy dance. "Have sweet dreams about your boyf. Have sweet dreams about your--"