Chapter 22

Tori

The bet. That's what's happening today. So I've decided to roll up to school in something... different compared to what I usually wear. Right now, I'm wearing a tight white off-the-shoulder top tucked into a denim skirt, matching with a pair of five-inch heels. This is so not me. I even went to the extent of letting my hair down and curling it into thick waves - I normally just wear it in a casual ponytail. I'm overdoing it, I know. But I am extremely determined on winning this thing, only for the sake of proving Daniel wrong. Because I would love to prove Daniel wrong.

We all know that I usually go unnoticed, I'm not an importance to the school, there's no denying it, but that will probably change for today due to these damn uncomfortable clothes that I'm wearing. I wish that I was just wearing one of my large hoodies and a simple pair of jeans, the clothes that according to Daniel, make me look like a boy, but today, I'm afraid I can't. Not if I want to win.

"Tori," Jack begins, his eyes scanning my body, approaching me as I step out of my car. "What on earth are you wearing?"

"Woah, woah, woah!" Corbyn says loudly, following behind Jack. He carelessly slumps his elbow on Jack's shoulder as he reaches us. "Tori looks hot! What is going on there?"

Laughing, I shake my head. "Thanks, Corbyn. And to answer your question, I made a bet with Daniel to see who can get the most guys and girls."

"Oh my freakin' god, Tori!" Corbyn says enthusiastically. "You are so going to win! Especially in that." He cups his hand over his mouth. "Whew!"

"Thank you for the encouragement, Corbs," I laugh. "But I'm not too confident, I have to admit, he is Daniel Seavey. He says one word to one girl and she'll go weak at the knees." I roll my eyes, scoffing at just the thought of it.

"Hang on, hang on," Jack cuts in, his eyebrows furrowed. "Since when were you making bets with Daniel?"

"Since yesterday. He kinda asked me--"

Suddenly, I hear a loud wolf-whistle, causing me to turn my head in the direction of the noise. I find a group of guys passing by me, the guy at the front bouncing a basketball in his hands, his eyes completely ogling me.

"Guys, look at that!" he shouts, pointing at me. "Now that's a fine piece of ass!"

The other guys' eyes landing on me, the guy at the front winks at me flirtatiously, but I only grimace, sending him a dagger look, before he dashes me a smile, chuckles and turns away. When it comes to boys like him, it's my instinct to respond in the way I just did. I don't find it cute, or amusing, or flattering, or anything, it repulses me.

I scoff, rolling my eyes as I turn to face Jack and Corbyn.

"Damn, you're already getting attention, Tori." Corbyn says.

"Yeah, well, they're just stupid boys," I shrug. "I was just saying that I made a bet with Daniel and the stakes are that if I lose, he gets to take me out on a date."

Both of their eyes go wide.

"Why does he want to take you out on a date?" Jack asks. "Does he like you?"

I laugh exasperatedly. "I highly doubt that, Jack. He's Daniel. He doesn't like, he sleeps around."

"Whatever you say, Tori." Jack shrugs, an amused smile on his face. "Let's just go into school."

As we walk through the double doors, I instantly feel hundreds of eyes on me. As cliché as it sounds, it's like it is in the movies - when the loser girl gets a makeover and walks down the hallway with the wind blowing her hair back. Okay, I mean my reality isn't that extreme, but I do have a lot of attention right now.