★Chapter 24: I'll protect you forever★

RECAP:

"How much?....

How much do I have to suffer like this?

It hurts...

Someone help me...

Please...

Help me...

It hurts so much....

So much that...

I'm dying..."

"Mei!"

***********************************************

3rd POV:

"Mei!" The door shut open loudly revealing the raven head boy who is panting from running with a worried expression plastered on his face as he saw his beloved person suffering and squirming on her bed. He went near her and grab her hands as he squeezed it gently. "Help me..." Mei murmured on her sleep.

Natsume soothed her her as he said "Oi, Mei..."

"Wake up....

I'm here..."

Once he said that Mei's eyes slowly opened as she saw Natsume and then she began to tear up.

"Na-Natsume?" The raven haired boy became more worried as he hugged her tightly "It's okay, It's okay... I'm here." Mei started to calm down as her lover soothes poor Mei. "Why?" Natsume whispered as she was confused. "What?"

"Why would you do that!? You could've died and I don't want that to happen! Because you're the only one that I have! So please... please... don't do anything reckless... I don't know what to do if you were gone.." Mei was shocked but smiled at him "I did that because I don't want you to overworking yourself. I did that because I want to protect you. I did that because I love you. I don't want you disappear too." Natsume started to hug her tighter as if he doesn't want to leave her.

"I'm sorry." Mei also hugged him back. "For what?" She started chuckling and said "For being reckless." He stopped hugging her and pinched her cheeks.

"Hey stwoppp!!"

"Stupid girl."

"Cwold asw fwame bwoy." (Cold ass flame boy)

"Can't hear you."

"Yo mweani!" (You meanie!)

"Still can't hear you"

Mei started to punch his chest lightly as he was smiling a bit at her but they were interrupted when the door slams open revealing Mikan, Hotaru, Luca and Narumi.

"MEIIIII!!!!!!" Mikan jumped over but Hotaru stopped her using one of her equipments. "She's injured." Mei chuckled and spread her arms to signalling Mikan to hug. " MEIIII!!!" Mikan was crying making Mei's clothes wet. "Now, now Mikan, You're making her clothes wet." Narumi said as he went to pull Mikan out of Mei's grasp. "Feeling better?" Narumi asked. "A bit."

"You should stop taking missions."

"But.."

"Don't worry."

"Fine..."

"Narumi-sensei... I have to speak with you alone..." She said in a serious tone as Narumi signalled all of them to leave...

"About Mikan..."

¥*¥*¥*¥¥**¥*¥¥*¥*¥*¥*¥*¥*¥¥*¥¥*¥*
[Updated: March 24, 2020]