CHAPTER 20

-Jimin-

I followed them..

They took Chanmi with them. They crossed the barrier and now we're on the fallen land. I hate it here. It's all dark and cold. Fires are everywhere , as if war was everywhere as well.
I kept quiet. I can't attack right now. Im outnumbered.

They arrived at the throne room and handed Chanmi to his father.

"Bring her consciousness back"
The King said.
With one swing of he's hand , Chanmi was awake. Shocked.

She flinched and stumbled.
"You! S-stay away from me!"

The fallen king caressed her cheeks.
"Oh my daughter, don't be afraid. I'll be taking good care of you. We can be a team and be good rulers of this whole land!"

"I don't want to! Stay away! I'm not your daughter! Because I'm not a demon!"

The tension was getting hot and the King wanted to talk to Chanmi alone. He ordered the guards to leave the both of them.

"Oh well sorry my dear, Your blood says otherwise..."

"But My choice says likewise, Your Highness"

He went closer to her and caressed her hair.
"You're so different from your mother,  she is weak and vulnerable yet you are the opposite my dear."

He walked in circles around Chanmi.
"Hm. Must be because you have my blood in you. The fearless fallens."

He raised his hand in gratitude.
"If you wont team up with me, I bet there could be someone who would also make you vulnerable so you could give yourself to our Land"

I swear, if he hurts Chanmi I wouldn't think twice to attack.
Chanmi doesn't belong here. She shouldn't be in this situation. She's not even the Princess! I want her to be royal in a form of marrying her and not her as the fake Princess!

I continued to listen to their conversation as Chanmi spats blunt words to the Merciless King.
The King raised his hand and controlled the fire around him.

He whispered something to it and to my surprise, the fire went surrounding me.
I quickly became one with the fire incase if he used it to find me.

Duh. The angel Goddess entrusted the fire element to our Kingdom.

The King went near and saw.. Nothing.
"hm. Nothing? This stupid fire. How idiotic could it be?"

He turned his back and I used it as an advantage to go out the fire and attacked him with it.
I thought it will be easy but to my dismay,  he easily nudged the fireball and attacked me with the same.
"Ah! there he is! Prince Jimin!"

"Jimin! Stay away!"

"Not until you're with me"

The King was indeed strong. The fire I'm using against him is in his territory anyway. What could I do? Nothing but fight. Suddenly, the King disappeared for a minute and to my surprise, he's at my back. Next time I knew, he attacked me from there resulting my downfall. This Coward king can teleport.

"JIMIN"
She can't do anything. She's tied up.

It pained me. I can't help but groan,  he's fire is stronger since its not my place. He gripped on my chin so hard that it may bleed.
"Listen here Prince Charming, All you have to do is to fucking tell my daughter that she will team up with us. Easy?" he said with his idiotic evil chuckle.

"I won't! She doesn't deserve this!  Get her out! At least just trade me you coward!"

"Oh what would I use you for?  A slave?  Ohm.. Im sorry but my place is already full of fucking servants that do nothing but massage my back and make nasty foods"

"Please Dad,  I-I will go with you. Just don't hurt Jimin"

"hm? Really? Wise choice my daughter. Finally!i thought you didn't inherited the dumbness of your mom haha!"
He left me and went closer to Chanmi.

"YOU COWARD! NO ONE WILL TAKE HER!"

"Oh I will"
He teleported and disappeared like thin air with Chanmi.
No...

I was weak. I don't know what to do. I feel so ashamed of me not saving Chanmi. Not saving the person I love.
A beautiful lady went near me and helped me up. She looked like one of the slaves.

"Prince Jimin"

This lady looked a bit like Kiyeon.
She took me to her room and aided me.
"Jimin, Tell me, why do you want to save the princess? I thought she was promised to Jungkook?"

"She is.. But.."
She stopped wiping my face.

"She's not the real heir"