6: Ignored

Dolly walked around the mall with Emma. It has been a week already, and Victor hasn't bothered her. Not like she's sad about it; she is happy. But Dolly does want to know if he's okay. She looked at her phone. She sends him a message yesterday but no reply. Perhaps he finally gave up.

She shrugged. "Dolly, are you listening to me?"

"Hmm?" She blinks. "Oh, sorry, what were you saying?"

"Are you okay?" She asked. "You have been spacing out a lot." They stepped into a store. "And you have bee checking your phone a lot." She smiles. "Are you waiting for a text from someone, perhaps a boy?" Emma hudge her.

"What, no," Dolly said. "I don't have time for boys."

Emma laughed. "Of course not silly me."

She sighed and looked around for something decent to wear. She picked a few and went to try them out.

They did this for many stores, and Emma already had a lot of bags. She only had two.

Dolly bought a pretzel with spicey cheese. Emma got the same thing they sat down and ate.

She rechecked her phone. But no reply, Victor must really have gotten over her.

"Ah," Emma shriek. "That's the guy that crashed my car. Oh, I should call the cops on him, but your uncle already dealt with him. He is so handsome but too bad he is a criminal. I want to grab by his neck and choke him. Because of him, I don't have my car."

Dolly looked behind her as she sips on her smoothie. It was Victor and Maria. And Maria spotted her and dragged Victor along.

"Why is he coming this way?" Emma said. "It could be my chance to choke him to death." Dolly shook her head.

"Dolly!" Maria smiled. "Hi, it's been a while. Where have you been?"

"I have been busy," Dolly said. "With school."

"I see," she sat down. "Who's your friend?"

"Emma," Dolly said. "Emma, this is Maria and her boyfriend, the man that crashed your car, Victor."

"You," Emma glared. "Because I went to jail again. And my car is in ruins."

Victor rolled his eyes. "Your car is on the shop that I work at; I am the one that is fixing it. It's almost fixed, so you'll have your car soon."

Emma angrily ate her pretzel. "How do you know this creep?" She asked. "Hey, is this the guy that Tatiana talked about, which took you to the fair?"

"Ah?" Maria frowned. "You took her to the fair? Is that why you didn't want to hang out? Why di you take her and not me?"

"I owed her," Victor said. "I held her against her will in her bedroom that night I crashed the car. So to compromised, I took her to the fair. It was not a date if that is what your thinking."

"Oh," Maria smacked him. "How could you do that to her? You are cruel."

He sat down. "I made it up, end of discussion."

Dolly looked at him. He was avoiding eye contact. "I texted you to see if you were alright, but I never got a reply back."

"I been busy too," he said. "Work has me tied up, and I don't have time for anything. I work and get home late."

"Oh," Dolly nod. "Okay."

"So," Maria smiled. "You still aren't coming to my party?"

"Uh," Dolly looked at Emma. Her eyes twinkle. "No, Emma."