5: Cooking

Dolly looked in the kitchen. Misty gave her permission to make herself something to eat.

She grabbed some ingredients and started to cook for them. She smiled.

She loves her nanny. She was the one that taught her how to cook.

The music stopped as she cooked, and Victor walked in shirtless with water or sweat dripping down his abs. "What?" He asked. "You have been staring at me a lot. Do you want some?"

She looked away. "No," she said. "I don't want you near me if that is sweat."

"Ah," he got closer, and she stepped away. He laughed. "Relax, its water. I just got out of the shower."

"Aha," she continued to cook.

"It smells good," he said. "What are you making?" He peeked behind her.

He was too close; she nudges him with her elbow to get him to back off a bit.

"I am making chilaquiles," she said.

"You pronounced that very well," he said. "I suspect your nanny is a Hispanic woman?"

"Yes," she said. "Is that a problem? Or are you going to tell me that is wrong, that we white folks used them? And mistreat them?"

"No," he said. "But some do. Though I can tell, you love this woman."

"She raised me," she said. "She taught me how to cook and speak Spanish. She was there for all my birthdays and school events. She is my mother."

"Wow," he chuckled. "Since you speak, I'm glad I didn't speak it in front of you. Cause you would've had known what I said."

She rolled her eyes and continued to cook. "Go away; you are distracting me."

He placed his hand on her waist. "I like women like you. You're not like the rest. I thought you would jump me and want me in your bed. But you are different. You stand up to me and aren't afraid to push me around."

"You are too close," she said. She pokes Victor with the fork. He backed away.

"Ow," he chuckled. "And you tell me I'm violent."

She shook her head and dumped the red chili in the pan and stir.

He grabbed a beer and went back to his room; he's such an idiot.

She finished cooking and set everything on the table. "Wow," Misty came out all dressed, and his hair was brushed out. "It looks good. I will eat and that I have to go. I have a friend that invited me to a concert."

"Okay," Dolly smiled. "Can I stay here? At least until my parent's dinner party is over."

"Sure," he said. "You can go to my room so that you don't have to watch those two make out. Because that is all, they are going to do."

Dolly nod.

The four sat down and ate. Maria talked none stop about a party that she was throwing next week. "It is going to be fun, Dolly you have to come."

"No," she said. "I don't like parties. Besides, I have things to do. I have to study."

"Nerd," Maria smiled. "But that is good; stay in school, not like us drop out."

"I didn't drop out," Misty said.

"Yeah, yeah," Maria smiled. "But if you do decide to come, I will make sure no one bothers you. And no one is going to spike your drink. I had it done once, right, Victor?"

"It was a joke," he said. "Hey, but you were complaining that night."

Hey," Misty shook his head. "Minor."