14: Visit

"Who's a good girl," Dolly scratched Doll's belly. "Aren't you a cutie. Time for your medication." She grabbed the drops. "Be a good girl." She drops a few drops in her mouth. "There we go." She gave her a treat. "Time for me to get to work."

She grabbed the wagon filled with dog food and pulled it down the hall. She filled the bowls and changed the water.

After that, she took some of the dogs out for a walk. "Cuties." She set Doll in her cage. "Sorry, little one, but you have to stay here. That medication will start to take effect soon. Sleep well."

Dolly took some of the dogs for a walk. She had to stop once in a while for them to do their business.

She stood there on the sidewalk, waiting for the older dog to finish. She checked her phone she got a few texts from Emma. And others from her mother. Her mother wanted her to go to this party and get to know someone. And she has no choice but to attend since her grandpa was going to be there.

She sighed.

"Why the long sigh?" She gasps as he poked her sides.

"Victor?" She looked at him. "What are you doing here?"

"I did say I was going to visit you at your work," he said.

"That was on Monday," she said. "It's already Sunday. You missed the whole week."

"I know," he smiled. "I had to get caught up with work. Oh, and tell your friend her car is ready."

"Okay," she said. "Alright, you four, let's go back."

He followed her. "So, how you been?"

"I have been good," she said. "I'm on a one-week fall break." She said.

"Nice," he said. "Want to hang out?"

"No," she said. "I can't. I have to go with my parents to my grandpa's house. It's like two hours away."

"Do you have to go?" He asked.

"Yes," she said. "My grandpa will be there. I haven't seen him. Since last year when my grandma passed away."

"I see," he smiled. "Well, good luck."

"Thanks, I will need it," she said. "My mother also wants me to go so that I can meet a potential husband." She wrinkles her nose. "She is crazy; all those guys are snobs."

He chuckled. "You prefer men like me."

"No," she said. "Just because we have sex doesn't mean I like your type. After high school, I am going off to college. To Flagstaff, Arizona. There is no way I am staying here in L.A."

"I see," he smiled. "Good luck with that too."

"Mhm, " she walked into the back, and he followed her. She put the dogs back in their cages and hanged the leashes.

She checked on Doll. She was Sound of sleeping. "Is this your dog?"

"Mhm," she smiled. "She is a teacup popmomerian. But she came out different Doll is cute, isn't she?"

Victor nod. "You name bet after you?"

"You got a problem with that?" She stood.

"Nope," he pulled her against him. "Not at all." He kisses her.

She gripped his shirt. She kissed him but pulled away when she hears footsteps. "Dolly, here you are. Ah, hello? You can here to adopt?"

"No," Victor said. "I only came to check it out and visit a friend."

"Do you need anything?" She asked.

"Ah, yes, " Mr. Betty smiled. "Your brother's fiance is here. She came to pick you up."