10: Roommates

Dolly stared at the whiteboard. Though the whole weekend, she has been dazing off and has been thinking about the party. But not just that, her body has been burning. It's like a switched got turned on. 

"Dolly? Dolly?" She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Emma. She chuckled. "Let's go; the class is over."

"Oh," she gathered her things and followed her out of the classroom. 

"Are you okay?" She asked. "You have been zoning out a lot. Oh, you are still trying to figure out what happened to you. By the way, has the pain subsided?"

"Yes," she said. "It only tingles a bit, but I am good now."

"Great," Emma smiled. "We have to enjoy the summer while we can. It's almost October."

"I know," she said.

"We are so, throwing a Halloween party," she said. "And you can't say no to me. I already have a house ready and everything. You and I are going Halloween shopping."

"When are we going?" She asked.

"Today," she said. "We have to do this before the prices go up, and all the goods things are gone." Dolly smiled. "It's so exciting. I am inviting the whole class. And Maria too."

"Okay," Dolly said. "You have this whole senior thing planned, don't you? What did you write down?" Dolly stopped as Emma held her journal against her face. "Wow, you did." She looked at it. "Go to ten parties by the end of the school year?" Dolly stopped at the last one. "Have sex?"

"Yup," Emma took the journal and put back into her book bag. "I don't want to regret anything."

Dolly shook her head. "If you say so."

Dolly followed her to the cafeteria she saw Tatiana and her boyfriend making out. They have no shame.

"Get a room!" Emma yelled. "It's disgusting!"

Tatiana looked over, glaring.

Emma shrugged. 

Dolly got in line to get some pizza; as she waited in line, her phone beep. She looked, and she had one message with an attachment. It was from Victor. She was afraid to open it.

She won't open it. She will wait until later.

After classes were over, she sat in her car, staring at the picture. She blushed. It was him shirtless, and his pant low to his hips, way too low. And the caption said to use it as his contact photo.

She didn't answer and set her phone down. She drove out of the parking lot and headed home. 

And her parents were home.

"Dolly, come here," her mother called her.

She walked over and looked at her. "Yes, mother?"

"We are going out of town," she said. "So, I want you to stay with your brother for the weekend." She frowned.

"Why?" She asked. "I have always been alone here when you go out of town. Why now?"

"You have been sneaking around," she said. "So, from now on, your brother will take care of you until your nanny comes back."

"No," she said. "I rather stay with Emma. I am not dealing with Vicky."

Dolly can't believe this. Her brother must have told them about Victor. "Look, Dolly, we are your parents, and you have to obey us."

"I am not going," she ran upstairs and to her room. She closed her door, locking it. She is not going to her brothers. Vicky is stupid and is always trying to dress her up like her.