19: Shot

Dolly ran around the park with Sirena. They were running from Alex. Since Dolly is staying with Sara, she agreed to babysit Sirena while working at her new job. Sara will no longer work at the house. It made her sad, but Dolly knows it's for the best. Sara doesn't have to babysit her anymore.

"Got you!" Sirena giggled. "I'm going to eat you up." She squealed.

Dolly looked at Alex. He isn't so bad as Victor described him. He has been off drugs since he met Emma.

She smiled and sat on the bench. Alex bought Sirena an ice cream and some Cheetos.

"Do you not work?" She asked.

"I do," he said. "Only small jobs. I haven't had a full time in a long time."

"Why?" She asked. "I mean, you seem smart. Why don't you go back to school, like Maria?"

"School is not for me," he said. "I get into fights a lot and tend to skip school. The classes are boring."

She sighed. "You and Emma are dating?"

"Yes," he said. "I know we are two different people. I am not the guy that she deserves, but I can try."

Dolly nod. "Okay."

She sat there and took a picture of Sirena eating her ice cream being all messy. She sends it to Victor.

"Ah, we should go, now," Alex said. "Sirena, come, let's go home. It would be best if you, auntie, were getting home soon. And it's getting late."

"Aww," she stood. "Okay."

"What's wrong?" Dolly stood.

"Believe me; you don't want to know," he said.

Dolly looked around and saw a group of men staring at them. She looked away. "You're in trouble, aren't you?"

"Perhaps," he said. "I may owe them some money. Do not look at me like that. I haven't bought from them in a long time."

"It's why you bee around Victor a lot," she said. "You think he is going to protect you from these men?"

"Yes," he said. "Look, let's get home before they shoot at us. And then Victor is going to have my head."

Dolly nod. 

They made it home safely, and they didn't follow. Dolly made sure to bath Sirena. After that, she made dinner. She finished by the time Sara got back. 

"Wow," Sara smiled. "Your cooking skills have improved." She said. "Where is Alex?"

"He went out," she said. "Is Victor coming today?"

"I do not know," she said. "Victor has a lot of work now to maintain that fake child."

Dolly smiled. "I know, Sirena, come and eat." Sara chuckled.

The three sat down and ate.

It's already been a week, and she hasn't gone home. Her uncle would come and bring her some clothes. But that is all. Her fall break is almost over, and it has been great. Being here with Sara is fun.

Plus, she and Victor would do it randomly. She smiled. 

Alex walked in, looking agitated. "Auntie Sara, you need to calm down. Do not panic."

"Hm?" Sara frowned. "What? Alex, what's wrong?"

"Victor got shot," he said. "He's at the hospital."

Dolly felt this pain in her chest. It was a horrible feeling. 

"What?" Sara got up and grabbed her purse and car keys. "Alex, what happened?"