Prologue

Dongfang Ru Huo looked ahead of her with silence. In front of her, there were many who shouted, "Kill her" or "That slut deserves to die!". Dongfang Ru Huo was dressed in a plain white robe and her long hair, the color of midnight was flowing freely in the slight breeze.

The noose was lowered around her head and screams and chants around her grew. In front of her, a mile ahead was the emperor, her husband. At that moment, the eunuch was reading her crime out loud. "Empress Dongfang Ru Huo is to be executed with the crime of attempted regicide. Furthermore, she has openly cursed the name of the Emperor. Because of this crime, the merciful Empress Dowager has decided to only punish Dongang Ru Huo by a public execution. The Empress will be granted an intact body and will be buried in the imperial tomb."

During this, Ru Huo raised her head and her eyes connected with Gu Mo Zhen's grief-stricken eyes. As the eunuch finished reading the verdict, Gu Mo Zhen looked panicked and frenzied as he tried to jump on the stage. The execution guard was about to kick the box Ru Huo was standing on but Gu Mo Zhen suddenly shouted.

"Stop! I demand you to stop!" The crowd peered at the Emperor in curiosity. Didn't the Empress try to kill him? Why was he trying to stop the execution?

"Huo'er, Zhen begs you. Just apologize to mother and she will spare you. Zhen will help. Please. Don't leave Zhen. Huo'er...." Before he could finish, a sharp voice cut him off.

"Emperor. Aijia will not take back aijia's decree. This dowager let everything slide but attempted regicide is too much. We cannot have such a poisonous woman in the palace, especially as Empress."

Dongfang Ru Huo smiled slightly. How silly of her, to think the Emperor was scheming, and how stupid to think he was merely playing with her. The Emperor had loved her, but she was too dumb to notice. Not only that, the mother-in-law she had cared so deeply about had actually been scheming against her at the end. Her only joy, her unborn baby was brutally murdered by guifei! Li Yue Xu's schemes played out by Dongfang Wou You, all the others who pushed her toward her death, she will remember! She turned her body slightly and a melodious voice asked the execution guard to untie her and give her a moment.

When the knots were undone, she took the noose around her neck off and stepped off the box. Every movement of hers seemed so gracious, like a fairy. To the surprise of the crowd, Gu Mo Zhen and the Empress Dowager, Ru Huo lowered herself and kowtowed toward the Emperor and Empress Dowager respectfully. Then, she got on the box again and tied the noose around her head once more.

'If the gods are hearing this prayer, I pray for revenge! For another chance to redeem myself and find justice! Gu Mo Zhen, if fate really intertwined us, and the heavens are hearing this prayer and grants me another chance at life, I will surely treasure you. I will pay back this debt. Even if the heavens are not in my favour, I will forever haunt those who wronged me as a malicious spirit! In one way or another, I will definitely let them experience what they call, a living hell.'