Chapter 28

Chapter 28: A Revenge, A Promise, A Reminder

In a dark and silent hall, countless men and women were kneeling in rows, all bowing down respectfully toward two high chairs that were illuminated by a hanging luminous pearl. The doors opened and a man walked in, carrying a delicate looking woman. As the pair made their way down to the chairs, the men and women chorused greetings in a reverent manner.

The man set the woman down on the chair gently before sitting down in the other chair himself. Moments later, two red dressed men dragged a struggling woman through the hall and forced her to kneel in the middle of the hall. The woman on the high chair sneered and stood up.

"You really wanted to kill me, didn't you? You really thought it would be that easy to kill me, hmm? Min Ran Wan, let me tell you right now, I'm not one to go easy on my enemies." Ru Huo narrowed her phoenix shaped eyes at Min Ran Wan.

"Hah! Dongfang Ru Huo, you will never get Jing Yu gege's true love. You think you're so powerful because the Emperor and Empress favor you? Because you have the support of An Fu and Song Fu? Because you're Chang Le Gongzhu? What can you do to me?"

"What can I do to you? I can start off by torturing you until you wish you were dead. I can also turn you into a puppet, only obeying my demands. I can hand you over to the army after disfiguring your face so you can become a prostitute. I have many options."

"Dongfang Ru Huo, you are truly an idiot. I'm the daughter of Min Tang Gong, the Minister of Defense. You think you can get away with it?"

"Min Ran Wan, it's not me who is an idiot, it's you. I have no intention of selling you as a prostitute, it's too much of a light sentence. Today, bengong will show you why bengong is the Grand Mistress, the strategist. After the torture, I will kill you. Before disposing of your body, I will brand you with a snake. Officials who find you will link your death to the Venom Army, led by Duan Wangye. Once Min Tang Gong finds out, I wonder if Duan Wangye will still have the support of the Minister of Defense." Ru Huo smiled coldly once she saw Min Ran Wan's intake of breath.

"Furthermore, does Min Tang Gong know that you are a part of the demoness army? His beloved daughter who should be at home, readying herself to become a Ce Fei of Duan Wangye is yearning to be the Grand Mistress of the demoness army. Not only is she yearning to be the Grand Mistress, she wants to marry the Da Shaoye of Chen Fu? Chen Fu, that's a part of the opposite court fraction? Min Ran Wan, you can never win against me." Ru Huo sat down once she saw Min Ran Wan's defeat. Min Ran Wan's eyes had become a soulless abyss and her body had lost all strength.

"Chen Er, give her the pills." Chen Er, dressed in black approached Min Ran Wan calmly and inserted a few pills into her mouth. Once she realized, Min Ran Wan coughed in an attempt to spit the pills out but they had already dissolved in her mouth.

"I ordered three pills. The first, causes your skin and eyes to corrode after three days. The second, prevents you from ever falling unconscious no matter how much pain you are feeling. The third, caused you to become barren." Min Ran Wan's eyes widened in horror as she clutched her stomach.

"The men here, anyone who wants can have a turn with her. Just make sure she is moderately dressed by tomorrow. Tomorrow, she will be disposed of." Chen Jing Yu picked Ru Huo up carefully and left without giving another glance to Min Ran Wan who attempted to gain his pity by showing a pitiful and affectionate expression.

A series of screams echoed around the chamber after Ru Huo and Chen Jing Yu left as Min Ran Wan attempted to run from the men who attempted to hold her still.