Chapter 21

Chapter 21: A Scandal in Man Yue

A handsome figure dismounted from a horse as dark as night and entered a bustling building. A young boy was present to hold the reins of the horse and brought it into the stables to feed and brush it. The young man dressed in navy quickly entered and went up the stairs to enter the Xiangwei Pavilion. A young girl dressed in pink greeted the young man respectfully.

"Is gongzi the guest that reserved the first room?" The young man retrieved the letter from his sleeve and opened it, reading it quickly.

"Bai Gongzi,

You'er was unsure how to discuss this matter with gongzi in front of others, instead thought it best to make time for figuring it out after discussion.

Please meet You'er in Xiangwei pavilion in two days time, the hour of the horse.

- Wou You"

"En. Dongfang Wou You will come." Bai Long Wei, seeing no room number gave a curt nod and waited for the young girl to lead him in. Seeing his nod, the young girl showed a sly smile and turned to lead him. As she walked away, her pink gown billowed and the hairpin on her head shook to give off a clean and bright cling.

She approached a room with a single sachet hanging from the sliding door. She stepped aside in one graceful move and opened the door. Bai Long Wei nodded and stepped into the room while closing the door. Once Bai Long Wei entered, the young girl let out her breath and quickly inhaled the contents of a bottle from her sleeve. She then took a look at the room and quickly ran away, taking up her post at the front once again.

A middle aged man entered the Xiangwei Pavilion. The young girl once again greeted the man. The man looked at the young girl with a greedy gaze, clouded by lust before remembering the strict rule within Man Yue.

"Does daren need assistance?" The middle aged man refused the offer and took off before taking one last look at the small waist of the young girl. He directly entered the room with a single sachet hanging from the door before retreating once he realized someone was inside.

"May this daren request gongzi's identity?" Seeing a well dressed young man already inside the room, the middle aged man sat across from him and asserted his authority.

"Da Shaoye of Bai Fu, Bai Long Wei. May this gongzi request daren's identity?" After hearing he was the Da Shaoye of Bai Fu, the middle aged man immediately understood he was no equivalent at all in status.

"This low one is Merchant Huang. Since gongzi has already reserved this room, this low one will go elsewhere." Bai Long Wei nodded and returned to the wine that was arranged on the table. The merchant left quickly and entered the room opposite. The entrance had two sachets hanging on the sliding door.

A young lady entered the Xiangwei Pavilion cautiously with a maid in tow. She was escorted and wore high quality clothes, clearly showing she was a guniang of an influential family.

Her hair was held up by a clear jade hairstick with several dangling silver strands. The blue dress billowed at every movement and a jade waistband accentuated her waist in an elegant manner. The blue hanfu was embroidered and layered with white and was extremely eye catching yet gave the illusion that the wearer was elegant and scholarly.

The young girl, seeing the elegant disposition of the guniang, immediately greeted her in a reverent manner.

"Guniang, may this young girl know guniang's name?" The maid by her side looked up at her xiaojie with a worried look but the xiaojie ignored the yatou and smiled down at the young girl.