Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Tea with Crown Prince

There was a slightly quiet atmosphere in the garden where Ru Huo, Tian Qing, and Mo Zhen were sitting. Every once in a while, someone would sip their tea quietly, but no one would speak. 

Tian Qing could not speak because the Crown Prince hadn't spoken yet. The crown prince didn't speak because he was busy admiring Ru Huo. Ru Huo, hadn't spoken because her father hadn't spoken yet. Bringing up courage, Ru Huo finally opened her mouth. 

"Could this humble girl ask the Crown Prince a question?" As if someone had poured cold water on him, Mo Zhen woke up from his trace. Clearing his throat once or twice, he gave a gruff consent. 

"May this girl ask why the honorable crown prince has chosen me as the crown princess?"

"Does Huo'er remember the Flower Viewing Festival when you met a man with a black tiger mask?" Ru Huo hesitated then remembered she indeed had met such a man during the festival. Back then however, she had been wearing a veil though so she thought no one would know her identity. But as soon as she tried to set her lantern up by the lake, someone had pushed her in and she had fallen in. She didn't know how to swim but since there was so much going on, no one saw her. But a man with a black mask jumped in and saved her. He brought her to a boat and he had seen her identity because her veil had come off. After making his men take her back home, she had asked Li Yiniang but she looked pale and shot her down. But Wou You beside Li Yiniang gave something away as she looked excited, almost as if she was in love with the person she was describing. 

"En. Does Crown Prince know who the man is?" Ru Huo gave a small reply but her face gave nothing away. Mo Zhen laughed. 

"Aiya! The man is right in front of Huo'er! This Prince fell in love you at first sight and had to get Father Emperor's permission before getting your hand in marriage! Father Emperor had a lot on his hands thus was late getting to this prince's proposal but by that time, there was a rumour in the palace surrounding the fact that little Huo'er wasn't a pure woman anymore! Father Emperor rejected it at first, until this Prince kneeled in front of Father's study until dawn! Only then did Father Emperor accept and this Prince immediately brought the prepared bride price this noon! Huo'er should thank this Prince for putting all the effort in!"

Prime Minister Tian Qing was crying from happiness. Ah! His daughter had hooked the crown prince by falling in the water! She was set for the next half of her life as long as the prince continued to love her! At first, when he heard his Di daughter fell into the river and died from Wou You, he had been close to getting unhinged. But when the Crown Prince's demon army personally brought his daughter home, he was startled. He got the full story after he asked one of his most devoted subordinate to find out the full story, he was fuming with anger. It wasn't that Ru Huo fell in herself! Wou You had pushed her elder sister despite knowing she couldn't swim! At that time, coincidently, the Crown Prince had been traveling by his boat and saw a Young Miss push a veiled Miss into the river from the dock. The Miss looked like she was drowning, and he heard the following words from the vicious Young Miss's mouth.

"Hahaha! Dongfang Ru Huo! You slut! I finally got rid of you! Now the bright future, father, Di daughter position are all MINE! Aiya! Mother said to push you into the river to die ah! Do not blame me for being vicious! Ru Huo, blame yourself for having what I, Dongfang Wou You wanted! Your punishment is death! You should thank me for giving an early and painless death! Aiya, I nearly forgot! No one would care! You turned yourself from father, your slutty mother was poisoned by mine, let us convince you to a bad reputation, ah, so stupid! Now, you are known as a slutty, unruly, scheming, vicious, undisciplined and uneducated useless, good for nothing Di Miss! I will think back to you when I become Empress! Next life, I, Wou You, will hope you become my pig!"