Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Wan Qing Gongzhu's Miracle

"Furen! We mustn't. Duan Wang leads the Venom Army. Reporting this matter is betraying him directly!" A Furen dressed in a lavish navy hanfu slapped the table angrily.

"Laoye! Ran Wan is laoye's daughter. She was abused and murdered like that, a daughter murdered like that and laoye insists on continuing to support Duan Wang? Has Duan Wang shown enough sincerity for laoye's devotion? Ran Wan may have not come out of my womb but I have raised her since young. Must you stay so cold disregarding my face?" The Daren sat down on the chair defeated.

"Furen, when have I not respected you? Since you married into my Fu, you have not suffered. But this matter; Duan Wang and Shu Fei's forces are growing. There's no way I can offend them both."

"Laoye, Duan Wang and Shu Fei's forces are strong but the Empress and Huang Taizi are stronger." The Daren turned to look at the Furen for a few seconds. Upon a few seconds of pondering, he stood up quickly and nodded once.

"En. It's time for court. Furen should wait for the news in the Pavilion. Take fumu* and ertong** there too. The winds are harsh.***"

(* = Parents

** = children

*** = It is dangerous)

The Furen stood up in rush and hugged the Daren for a few seconds before pulling away and nodding.

"Laoye shouldn't worry. Laoye take care of safety foremost. Everyone will be waiting for your return." The Daren offered a slight smile before he turned on his heel and left briskly. The Furen collapsed on a chair and stared off into space. Shaking herself out of the reverie, she stood up and also left the courtyard. 

<><><>

"Bi xia, this subject's beloved nu'er was found dead today in front of Man Yue, the busiest restaurant in Yu Gong. Bi xia, upon inspection, Wan'er's body was riddled with marks of abuse and assault. Bi xia, please bring justice to this subject's Fu!" Min Tan Gong knelt in the middle of the spacious Grand Hall. The honored Minister of Defense broke down under the eyes of countless court officials venting his despair.

"Min Daren, please get up. Zhen will personally look into this matter. A beloved subject's daughter murdered, truly is Zhen's negligence in managing the country." At his words, the face of hundreds of officials changed and in flurry of movement, all moved down.

"Bi Xia! Please forgive these incapable subjects! May bi xia retract the sorrow!" The Emperor looked down at the crowd of kneeling officials and snorted.

"Then Zhen will expect a report of this tragedy by you shi*. Zhen will personally send down decrees and moderate." The kneeling officials all looked to each other in panic but still echoed words of praise. 

(* = 5-7pm)

<><><>

"Bi Xia! Wei Daren is here!" An eunuch reported Wei Daren's entrance before falling back and retreating from the study.

"Wei Daren has found out the murderer?" Wei Daren cautiously kowtowed towards the Emperor before standing up, trembling slightly.

"This low subject has uncovered something, just afraid it is too unsightly and disturbing for bi xia..." The Emperor's features hardened.

"This..." Wei Daren stuttered before falling on his knees.

"Bi Xia! This subject is asking for pardon! Accidentally uncovered something this subject should not have touched! Today, wei shi*, took Min Guniang's body to the coroners to find the mark of a serpent...moreover, Min Guniang was fed with a pill to make her body corrode and her skin has already started flaking...afraid a proper burial is difficult..."