Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Return

Ru Huo sighed.

"Then I will go to father. Why the fuss?" 

An Er looked up, shocked. Usually, when Laoye called her Miss over, her Miss would throw a tantrum, or shiver visibly from head to toe. However, this time, her Miss had actually been keeping calm and looked, almost like a phoenix looking down on the earth! Her silly, stupid, easy pushover Miss who made her worried constantly actually seemed composed and graceful!

"An Er? An Er? Are you listening to me?"

"Ah?" 

"I told you to help me dress. Help me on the purple one and put hairpins on my hair." 

An Er had another huge shock this time. Her Miss usually wore clothes close to rags but this time, her Miss had told her to get on her most expensive robe! Her Miss had told her to put hairpins on her Miss's hair! She was beside herself from the shock and excitement. Could it be that her Miss had woken from her trance? That witch Li's spell had finally worn off?

Although surprised, An Er quickly brought things to wash, helped her Miss put clothes on, and put hairpins on her hair. She stepped back but her Miss looked at her strangely. 

"No makeup? I'm waiting." Ru Huo gave a strange look to her maid. This time, An Er nearly screamed. Her Miss usually never put on makeup. Nevertheless, she bustled around and helped put some pearl powder, rouge on and tinted her Miss's lips. When she stepped back, she nearly fainted from her Miss's beauty.

Ru Huo stood up gracefully and walked out of her Oblivious Dream residence and walked toward the study, where her father was. Although Ru Huo had a graceful walk and bearing, she cut a sorry figure with only two maids behind her. A shu born daughters of small Fu's had two maids, but Dongfang Ru Huo, the Di daughter of the Prime Minister residence similarly, only had two. 

She gave slight smiles to guards that passed and even the guards realized, the Di daughter was actually a beauty and was much kinder than the second miss, Wou You! Her small smile had a large effect on the guards and she had easily won them over by slight smiles for greetings. 

Ru Huo waited outside for her father's personal guards to announce her and before she went in, she also gave a smile to them, and gave a small greeting and encouragement along with thanks. 

"Ah, this Miss thanks guards for keeping fuqin*safe! This Miss will certainly deliver some pastries next time!" 

(*= Father)

The guards had a stunned expression as this Miss was definitely not the Di Miss they had known. However, they were touched because although her stood protecting their Laoye, none of the misses, nor Yiniangs ever thanked them as they saw them as dirt under their shoes.  

One of the guards, although surprised, was so happy that he even personally let Ru Huo inside.

Ru Huo smiled internally. Would this Miss have bothered if nothing paid off? Aiya... this Miss would have before, but this Miss now, decided ah! Her, Dongfang Ru Huo, wasn't human if she didn't pay the blood feud back! And it began with coaxing her father to her side; she definitely needed a strong backer. But if one of the guards are leading her inside, naturally, his view of her was going to raise too. Not only that, but if the other guards also review her highly, this will encourage her father to think he had abandoned a piece of pearl. This, was how she was going to stage her comeback. If it doesn't work today, next time would also be fine. 

Once she went in, she bowed.

"Huo'er* greets father. Wishing father a long and full-filling life." 

(* = 'er is added at the end of a name to add endearment and emphasize how close they are.)

Once Dongfang Tian Qing saw his abandoned daughter, he was surprised. Was his daughter not cowardly, a easy pushover, weak and ugly with no knowledge of the four womanly arts and basic martial arts? How was this daughter in front of him graceful, composed, beautiful and strong? Moreover, she even had a hint of slyness, just like him.