Chapter 20

Chapter 20: The Threat of a White Eyed Wolf

At Ru Huo's arrival at the Flowering Lilly Pavilion, the maidservants formed two lines to greet her and two first rank servants entered the private chamber with Ru Huo.

They quickly helped her out of the banquet clothes and dressed her in a blue hanfu. The dress itself was soft and silky, light and weightless. The fabric was layered and there were sophisticated white embroidery designs along the sleeves and the bottom of the dress. A few silver hairpins were inserted into her hair, still in a half up bun. The luxurious jewelry was replaced with a lighter and simpler design. Ru Huo stood up and entered her main receiving hall.

"Bring in Si Xiaojie!" Once Ru Huo settled down on the main spot properly, she immediately looked upon a little yatou in charge of errands and ordered in a serious tone. The little yatou nodded and retreated out of the hall and disappeared for quite some time. Ru Huo, although her eyes flashed, she leisurely sipped her tea and ate the pastries sent from the kitchen. As time passed, the maidservants in the main hall could feel the drop in the atmosphere, their master was angry. An'er faithfully served beside Ru Huo and looked at the door in concern. Si Xiaojie, ignoring Da Xiaojie's authority like this, was this not asking for a beating?

Finally, the doors opened and Dongfang Ru Xia came in, a first rank maidservant and the little yatou following behind. Ru Xia didn't bother to greet Ru Huo before sitting down on one of the side seats. Ru Huo's eyes flashed to the red and swollen cheeks of the little yatou and her hands clenched into fists.

"Slap that maidservant 20 times!" Once Ru Xia had settled down, Ru Huo lifted her teacup and ordered in a leisurely manner.

"Da jie! What is the meaning of this?" Ru Xia's eyes opened wide in anger but another of Ru Huo's maidservant had already started to slap the maidservant.

"You, as the mei mei made da jie wait this long just to come, didn't even bother to pay respects and slapped da jie's yatou. Since da jie can't slap you, the maidservant should pay for the master's wrongdoings, no?" Hearing her words, Ru Xia's face became red with anger and embarrassment and the little yatou's face flushed with gratefulness and reverence. Seeing their master offend si xiaojie for a little yatou made the respect and loyalty the maidservants carried for Ru Huo increase even further.

After the 20 hits, the young maidservant retreated out of the hall, sobbing and holding her swollen face. Ru Xia's hands were clenched tight, her lips already bitten raw from frustration. Ru Huo sipped her tea once more and looked at Ru Xia's discomfort.

"Ru Xia. As much as you made a mistake this time, jie jie is willing to get over it. After all, you are the only blood related confident I have in this family. After all, Da gege is still at the borders, muqin has passed." Ru Huo put down her tea cup and offered a small smile.

Although Ru Xia's eyes flashed with an unreadable light, Ru Huo maintained her smile and looked upon Ru Xia with compassion and kindness.

"What can jie jie do for me now? Prevent me from leaving to the Qingshan temple? Marry me into huang taizi fu as wangfei?" At her rude words, Ru Huo's kind intentions came to naught and Ru Huo felt no need to coax her further.

"Since kind intentions are not appreciated, very well. Jie jie may not be able to prevent you from leaving to Qingshan temple or marry you in as wangfei but jie jie is able to reduce the amount of troubles you will meet at Qingshan temple. But since mei mei doesn't appreciate, there is no need to reciprocate." Ru Xia didn't budge and still glared at Ru Huo with wide eyes.

"There is no need for help, especially from a da jie like you! What da jie suggests to send her mei mei to Qingshan temple then takes up the role as hypocrite and offers the false impression of help." This time, Ru Huo nodded.