Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Turning Point

"Ah! Xiaojie! How could you allow yourself to get this hurt in one banquet ah? Xiaojie may even be left with a scar!" An Er couldn't help but chastise Ru Huo in shock and anger after putting a medicine balm on her wounds at Flowering Lily Pavilion.

"An Er ah! Do you think your xiaojie would allow herself to get hurt with no purpose?" An Er looked up at Ru Huo with shock.

"Then xiaojie threw the guqin and let it explode on xiaojie?" Ru Huo nodded. If her own father saw his shu daughter attack his di daughter, there was no chance for the shu born to get back in good graces of him. Since he couldn't defend Ru Huo when Wou You started to attack her with her internal strength, Dongfang Tian Qing would feel guilt towards Ru Huo from failing to protect her as a father. Especially since Dongfang Tian Qing was the one who wasted no effort and support to grow Wou You to the level of internal strength she was currently at.

"But even if xiaojie did that on purpose, what about trying to break off the engagement with Crown Prince and giving it to gongzhu from Northern Yue State?" Ru Huo sighed and looked at her innocent yatous. They had not yet encountered the schemes of the inner court and were untainted by the greediness and the man eat man* structure of the world.

(*= Bringing others down to make yourself higher/stronger)

"Ling Ran, your xiaojie used a tactic called 'retreating to advance*'. When I fell down the stairs because it looked like gongzhu pushed me, I stabbed her with a needle for her to do so. Thus I built the image of a vicious gongzhu, unfit to be huang gongzhu. By doing this, no one else would now dare to challenge me as the future huang gongzhu and Chen Wu Luan would only have the chance at entering as a mere second wife. Though no one knows if she would stay as a second wife, be demoted to a ce fei, or come out a corpse. An Er, Ling Ran you must know, the battle between woman is very vicious, if one isn't vicious they only end up losing. It is the basic principle of if one doesn't attack, one gets attacked. In the future, I will encounter these circumstances even more as the wangfei in Crown Prince residence. At that time, you must also learn to be heavy handed and vicious." An Er and Ling Ran solemnly nodded their heads.

"HUO'ER AH!" Suddenly, the door was burst open and Dongfang Tian Qing stood outside, looking like he had aged several years. He then ran to Ru Huo's side immediately.

"Running a fever? Feeling uncomfortable? Pain? Broken any bones? Going to have any scars?" The physician who diagnosed and treated Ru Huo stepped into the room at this moment.

"Unfortunately, young miss has sprained her right wrist and ankle, the injuries on her back may leave a scar, and she should be watched for potential fevers." Dongfang Tian Qing's eyes watered. His eyes looked at Ru Huo in pity and guilt, his hand reaching out and patting her head lightly.

"It's father's fault ah! Father shouldn't have let Wou You challenge you ah! Father shouldn't have put so much energy into training Wou You! Father should have protected you when Wou You started to attack! When the princess pushed you off the stairs! Huo'er, forgive this useless father!" Ru Huo's eyes misted at his words. It had been a long time since she heart such kind and considerate words from her father's lips.

"Nothing is father's fault ah! It's nu'er who wasn't careful! Father should not worry!" Dongfang Tian Qing took out a small box from his sleeves.

"Huang taizi's servant came by and requested me to give this to you." Ru Huo, out of curiousness, opened the box to see a clear jade container. Once she opened it, a fresh medical scent spread around the room. The physician's eyes widened.

"This is good ah! Young miss! You won't be left with any scars if young miss applies this on young miss's back! It is a godly medical balm made by the heavenly physician. Though no one knows his whereabouts, there are few who possess this balm and those who apply this will be left with drastic recovery!" The physicial explained in excitement. As he talked, excitement was clearly seen when his eyes trembled. Along with his eyes, the mole under his left eyes jumped up and down. Ru Huo's eyes widened and her head snapped to look at Dongfang Tian Qing. Dongfang Tian Qing had an equally shocked look on his face but joy glowed through. His daughter would not be left with any scars ah! Made this old man's heart lighter!