Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Light Pavilion

Dongfang Wou You's eyes widened as she recognized the person stepping out. 

"Mu- Mu- Muqin???" Wou You acted as though she saw a ghost. Her face became pale and started shaking, eyes wide. 

"Aiya! Li Yiniang, thank you for coming. This Miss just wanted to show everyone that this Miss didn't beat you until you were bleeding and lost consciousness. Seeing how fancy you are dressed, how bright your face is looking, you seem fine!"

"There, there is no way! I saw the blood myself! I saw muqin faint!"

"Er Meimei, it is right for you to address your birth mother as Li Yiniang. After all, she isn't our legal mother, jiejie's birth mother is. You still need to pay greetings to her in the ancestral hall everyday, and shouldn't be honouring Li Yiniang as a Furen. Yet, fuqin was lenient with you and Li Yiniang for a while now. It's been 5 years since you both paid respects to her. If others hear about this, they will make fun of fuqin, and his career will be affected." 

Dongfang Wou You nearly spat blood. Didn't Da Xiaojie just address the issue and air the dirty laundry* just now? Why blame it on her now? She hadn't complained for the last 5 years ah! When did fuqin come into this? His career? The situation didn't look good for Li Yiniang either. Didn't get beat? She did get beat ah! She lost consciousness for a few hours! As soon as she woke up, she got the notice of laogong to meet him in the square to be shown. She thought she was forgiven and elevated to the status of Furen, and dressed up as fancy as she could, put lots of makeup on to enhance her looks, but as soon as she got there, she saw that slut Ru Huo standing in over her precious Wou You, who was kneeling! Didn't pay respects to the legal Furen? That was enough to demote her to a tongfang**!

(*= means spread bad things about something confidential outside. Example being family secrets)

(**= bed maid. In this book, the title of tongfang is lower than that of a Yiniang because while the tongfang is just a maid who can sleep with the master, a Yiniang is a concubine)

"Wou You, Li Yiniang is fine. She isn't beaten up to the point of unconsciousness or bleeding. Thus, I did not beat her up. Now it is time for you to honor your side of the bet."

"No. NO. NO! Jiejie, please. I beg you, forgive meimei this time. Even if we aren't related by the same mother, forgive me on behalf of father! I- I- I don't to be a commoner. If I kowtow seven times and serve tea, my name will be dirtied! I don't have 1000 taels of gold, and I, I can't marry Crown Prince if I am not Er Xiaojie of Prime Minister Fu!"

The crowd clicked their tongues. All talk no action. Moreover, this shu born daughter wanted to marry the Crown Prince, the future laogong of her sister! Now, Li Yiniang realized what was going on but it was too late. Li Yiniang rushed to save her daughter even with her heavy gear and injuries. 

"Huo Huo, forgive your foolish meimei, she was only trying to save me because she thought I was hurt! She was only foolish for a minute, jealous because Huo Huo was marrying the Crown Prince! You must know she was going after him for quite a while now but Huo Huo just met Crown Prince and got engaged!"

Ru Huo smiled faintly. Sure enough, old ginger was spicier than young ginger*. Whoever heard Li Yiniang's words would think it was her who went overboard with the bet, and stole her sister's love! 

(*= The older one is, the wiser and more experience they are. Is tougher)

"What does Li Yiniang suggest?" Li Yiniang smirked when she heard that. There was obviously a bit of stupidity left in Ru Huo. 

"Us mother and daughter are only yiniang and shu daughters of the Fu, don't have 1000 taels of gold as Da Xiaojie has said. We can pay Da Xiaojie 300 taels of gold as compensation for Er Xiaojie's stupidity."