Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Wangfei or Second Wife?

The woman was undeniably beautiful. Her silky hair was styled into a flying fairy knot, decorated with delicate hairpins. Her silver dress spread around her small and frail form, and a coat, made of a rippling fabric texture, covered her shoulders, flowing down to her wide embroidered sleeves. The coat and dress were held together with a belt right under her chest, supporting her visibly soft and white mounds and enhancing her allure. Her makeup was done beautifully. Soft delicious looking lips and a bit of pearl powder made her face have a glow, while some rouge added colour to her cheeks. Although the woman showed just as much skin as Wou You, while the latter only looked like a courtesan, she was able to show elegance and induce lust in all men.

"Luan'er?" Gu Mo Zhen had a shocked expression on his face. "What are you doing here?"

"Doesn't Zhen gege want Luan'er anymore?" An especially pitiful expression was accompanied with these words. Many were confused by this exchange. What Luan'er? What Zhen gege? These two knew each other? Who was this woman?

"Aiya! I didn't realize huang taizi knew Chen xiaojie!" A delicate voice came from the entrance.

Ru Huo had entered the hall again but this time with a purple dress. The dress had a couple of layers and a belt was secured under her chest to show more of her figure. Her back was straight and her face revealed no trace of pain even though everyone was able to assume how much pain she must be under. The only thing that showed that she was severally hurt were her extremely pale face and lips. Gu Mo Zhen quickly threw a glance at chen xiaojie before running over to Ru Huo.

"Huo'er why didn't you rest longer?"

"Peh! What was I supposed to do? Watch while you decide between that Princess of Northern Yue and me?" Everyone gaped at how Ru Huo had addressed the unknown woman. Princess of Northern Yue? The state they were in conflict with? Their princess had proudly swayed into their land and itched to climb up to the place of huang gongzhu? How did the huang taizi know the gongzhu?

"Huo'er, benwang already asked for your hand in marriage! How could benwang change words now?" Gu Mo Zhen looked at Ru Huo with sincerity in his eyes, hoping for her to give in. However, Ru Huo's eyes remained cold. She knew Chen Wu Luan. Of course she knew her. As a matter of fact, they had a long history together.

"Yes, Luan'er doesn't dare to be huang taizi's wangfei. This little one doesn't dare to steal such a big position from such an important figure. Luan'er is content even with being a second wife!" Ru Huo nearly laughed out loud from such a poisonous comment concealed in a facade of innocence. Then why did you interrupt Mo Zhen from announcing me as his wangfei? The gongzhu of Northern Yue was a 'little one'? The di daughter of the prime minister, the newly conferred second rank gongzhu, was more of an important figure than the legitimate first rank gongzhu from Yue state? How laughable. Content with being a second wife? Now in this situation, if she agreed she would be labeled as a woman without any awareness. Clearly, the gongzhu had a higher rank. How could she enter as a second wife? If she argued, saying the gongzhu could be the wangfei, she would lose everything. As a woman who had grown up in the harem, how could Chen Wu Luan be without any schemes? For her to live until now proved her intelligence. If she submitted and entered as a second wife, how would she know she wouldn't come out a corpse?

"How did huang taizi meet gongzhu?" Ru Huo merely narrowed her eyes in suspicion while looking toward Mo Zhen, ignoring Chen Wu Luan.

"Benwang met her while fighting in the borders ah! She wanted me to come back to the palace to meet the Emperor of Northern Yue. When benwang met with the Emperor, he wanted me to take Chen Wu Luan as wife. If benwang agreed, we would not be attacked for as long as she stayed as my wangfei. A daughter would add 10 years and a son 20 years of peace if she died. Benwang didn't agree at first and was hesitating. When the Emperor saw that, he made benwang take her for the time being." Everyone looked at Chen Wu Luan each with a different look in their eyes. A woman in exchange for peace was amazing, many of the men were jealous. Taking a beauty as a wife, a beauty with standing and big boobs while being named a hero for making peace between countries in bed. Who wouldn't want to take Chen Wu Luan as wife? From the women's point of view, this so called gongzhu from Northern Yue was unbelievable. The only thing she seemed to have was social standing, beauty and big boobs and yet, all the men were already all over her. A gongzhu of Northern Yue wanted the position of Empress of Southern Xu. It was better for one of their own noble xiaojie to become huang gongzhu than someone else snatching the position because of the support from the Emperor of Northern Yue.