Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Butterfly Effects

Ru Huo staggered slightly and a trembling hand held onto the dagger embedded in her stomach. Blood quickly dyed her blue hanfu and silence filled the room. Chen Jing Yu dashed over and held her in his arms quickly as he looked down at her pale face with blood shot eyes. A maniacal laughter echoed around the room and a pretty guniang sneered down at Ru Huo.

"Guniang, don't blame me for being impolite; you stole the position I was vying for with no effort or credibility. How dare you be near Grand Master? Are you good enough to be standing next to him? Aiya, blame yourself for impulsively taking something that doesn't belong to you in the first place." Several gasps filled the room as they began to recognize the guniang after the shock and chaos.

"Someone drag this mad woman into my cave!" Many red clothed men dropped from the ceiling at Chen Jing Yu's words and began to drag her away. Several women backed away with visible fear.

"Stop!" The men faltered as they looked back to see who made the audacious demand but stopped upon seeing Ru Huo.

"Don't kill her yet. I will deal with her later." The men bowed slightly before exiting as quickly as they appeared.

Chen Er approached cautiously and took Ru Huo's hand gently to take a pulse before urging Chen Jing Yu to carry Ru Huo to her room.

Ru Huo desperately attempted to keep her eyes open but found her eyes getting heavier and heavier, the intense pain from her stomach beginning to feel numb, just like a few bugs eating away at her intestines. Eventually, Ru Huo gave into the struggle and closed her eyes. Upon seeing Ru Huo's unconsciousness, Chen Jing Yu sped up using qinggong. Chen Er ordered a few yatous before rushing to Ru Huo's pavilion.

A stream of yatou came in and out as basins of blood were carried in the hands of the servant girls. Every time the door opened, a strong medical scent took over and Chen Jing Yu became more and more worried as time passed. Finally, Chen Er came out with a relieved look.

"I was able to repair her organs and skin. It may leave a slight scar but I'll ask Grandpa for a scar fading cream. The critical time has passed but she should not be moving around too vigorously. Chen Er retreats." Chen Jing Yu nodded and entered the room quickly.

On the red bed, Ru Huo's pale face seemed to be even paler and exceptionally weaker. Chen Jing Yu sat down carefully and held her small hand as he studied her. Her eyebrows that were normally straight were now furrowed, expressing her discomfort. Her eyes were shut but her long lashes fluttered gently, like butterfly wings about to depart. Her face was paler than usual and the blush on her cheeks were gone. Her small frame was covered by a red blanket, making her seem even more delicate.

As the moon rose and the sun fell, Chen Jing Yu continued to stay by Ru Huo's side, silently guarding and keeping her company.

Ru Huo twitched as she woke up. The rays of sun blinded her momentarily but as she started to get up, she realized the sharp pain in her abdomen. Ru Huo winced slightly and looked down to see her hand being held by another. Her eyes widened as she looked at Chen Jing Yu sleeping on the wooden chair beside her bed.

Her eyes suddenly teared up and as she lay down, Ru Huo started to recall her past life.

"Huo mei, if you are not satisfied with marrying Mo Zhen, why not marry me? You must be aware of the conflict inside the royal harem! I can promise you that I will never take in another woman!"

"Huo mei, today is the last day I can address you as so. From tomorrow forward, I shall address you as Tai Zi Fei Niang Niang*."

"Tai Zi Fei Niang Niang, you must be careful, Liang Di** is plotting something...her forces have been moving. At this moment, it is exceptionally important to protect the seed."