Chapter eleven

William and I started sitting together at lunch. He made sure the whole school knew that I was the in girl. However, once it was out that I was William's girl, the seniors found pleasure in asking me embarrassing questions.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't for the fact that all my AP classes were mostly seniors. All the seniors were immature little kids.

"Hey, Sades, you get the D last night?" Devin, the stupidest senior in my AP class, asked with that stupid grin on his face.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I muttered.

"Leave Sadie alone, Devin. At least she can get it you can't even see yours." Alice retorted.

I felt immense gratitude towards Alice. She was the only senior who stood up for me.

Alice and I were the only two girls in AP world history class. We sat next to each other in the back.

Alice was planning on going on to become a history teacher. I thought she would make the best teacher. Whenever I didn't understand something Alice would give me help. She always found different tactics to help me understand the concept.

"Thanks Alice." I smiled as we took our seats in the back.

The bell rang and class started. We were learning about the French revolution. I had learned about this topic over the summer so I just stuck to doodling on the margin of my notes.

Alice looked over at my paper.

"Who's that?" Alice asked.

I looked at the drawing and realized that I had drawn a picture of Addiline. It was a good drawing. Her features were in a scowl.

"It's nothing." I brushed it off. "Just an old imaginary friend from my childhood."

"Oh, you're an awesome artist. You should apply for art club." Alice smiled.

"Girls, focus, this is the best part." Mr. Dexter called us out.

"Sorry, won't happen again." Alice looked like she had committed a crime.

"Thank you, okay so..." The teacher went on with his boring lecture.

Soon enough the bell rang. The seniors had another class after this. I had lunch. When I walked out of the classroom. William surprised me by whispering boo into my ear.

"God damnit, Will, that scared the hell out of me." I frowned as we fell into step.

William chuckled. "Sorry, but, you're reaction was priceless."

"Glad I give you entertainment." I mumbled as I counted the lockers until I found mine.

William leaned against the locker next to mine as I unlocked my locker and got my afternoon books.

"Hey, there's this Halloween party at my house next friday. You free?" William said nonchalantly.

"If it means a lot to you then I'll be there if it kills me." I smiled, looking up at William.

"Don't die. But, it does mean a lot to me." William smiled brightly.

"I'm assuming that we are correlating our costumes?" I slammed close my locker.

"I was thinking football captain and cheerleader." William said as we headed to the cafeteria.

"How about vampire queen and king." I smiled.

"You're so morbid sometimes you know that." William glanced down at me.

"I know" I smiled as we walked into the cafeteria.