Chapter nineteen

William and I hung out for the rest of the afternoon. We had really deep conversations.

From one of them I learned he wanted to go to a college and major in welding. This fact surprised me. But, it made sense. That career could be very beneficial.

I also learned that William had been saving up money for a long time so he could travel and see the world. That's where he got the money to buy the plane ticket for us to go around the world.

"I've also been learning about five different langues." William confessed.

"Which ones?" I asked.

"Japanese, ASL, German, Spanish, and French." William listed off the five langues.

"Wow. Is ASL hard?" I gasped.

"Not that hard. It's a lot easier because you can't mess up with pronunciation." William smiled.

We were both in the same Japanese class. I knew he was in Spanish and German club. I've sometimes seen him sign.

"Knock knock. We're here!" Madi called from the door.

Behind her was Hadley and Val. They all three had birthday presents for me. They came into my room.

"Hey, Will, missed you at school." Madi smirked at William, knowing he skipped.

"Fuck school." William shrugged.

"Will!" Hadley rebuked him.

"What? School's a waste of time." William defended.

"Let's not argue on Sades' birthday." Val said.

"Okay." Hadley's smile returned to her face.

Val handed me the pretty box. I lifted the lid off the box and looked inside.

Inside the box there was a dress. I knew that Val had a passion in designing. She must of designed a dress for me. I held up the red dress and looked at it.

The dress had one sleeve. It was gorgeous. There were gem stones.

"It's not my best, I thought you could pull it off really well." Val explained.

"I love it, Val, thank you." I smiled at Val.

I put the dress back in the box and set it aside. Hadley gave me her present. I opened it and found a camera in it. The camera must of been at least five hundred dollars.

Then I opened Madi's present. It was a snow globe. Not just any snow globe. It was custom made. Inside the globe there was a miniature doll of Madi, Val, and I.

Then father came in. He had a present in his hand. I knew that dad always gave me the best gifts. He gave me the present for me to open.

I opened it and found that the present was a laptop. This was the newest model of the laptop brand I owned. There was also a new phone. Finally the last thing in the present was a smart watch.

"Thank you all. I'm so lucky to have you guys in my life." I smiled.

"And we're lucky to have you." William smiled.

My birthday was the best day I've had in such a long time. I felt that this wasn't a hallucination. I knew it wasn't.

"Ms. Everleigh, the doctors are projecting your possible discharge date to be in ten days." The nurse informed us.

"Really?" I exclaimed.

"Yep. They don't see you taking more than ten days to fully recover enough to go home. But, you will be restricted on your activity." She smiled.