Chapter twenty four

The three of us settled into our apartment fairly well. As it turned out, Lyn was a vegetarian. Madi said she didn't mind going meatless, said it'd probably help her stay healthy. So, the three of us all ate the same thing.

"Sades! Do you have any vodka?" Madi walked into my bedroom.

"No, Madi, didn't we talk about drinking?" I answered looking up from my research paper.

"But Calum is coming over. Please?" Madi flung herself, dramatically over my bed.

Calum was the college heart throb and his recent interests have been in Madi. Lyn and I both have tried to tell her that Calum only wanted her for a fuck. Madi didn't listen.

"Fine, but you have to repay me." I put my pencil down and went to my mini-fridge.

I pulled my bottle of vodka out of it and gave it to Madi. Madi took the bottle with a rushed thanks and left.

"Hey, you busy?" Lyn asked walking into my room after Madi left.

"Kinda, what do you need?" I smiled at Lyn.

"I wanted to know what you're doing for Halloween since we don't have classes." Lyn explained sitting down on my bed.

"I'm using that day to get some extra study done." I answered.

"Girl, you are always studying. Take a break for one night and come with me to a party." Lyn said.

"Lyn, I can't, I don't want to lose my scholarship. I'm already juggling a lot, with my part time job, and my obligations to the honors society. I can't take time off." I lied.

I had planned on calling Will on Halloween. He had no classes that day either. I wanted to talk to him.

"Well, you're no fun." Lyn sighed leaving my room.

I went back to work on my research paper.

Shortly after starting term, they discovered I was an outstanding researcher. They would have me write several research papers. Some would be published in the school paper. I even had one submitted to the honors society.

I finished working on the paper and started on my last bit of homework. It was studying for a huge test. I had to ace this test to get my grade up for eligibility for honors society.

My phone beeped. It was time to take a break. I set aside my textbook and went out to our living room.

"Oh my God really?" I heard Madi exclaim from the kitchen.

I headed into the kitchen. Calum was sitting at the table drinking vodka. Madi was sitting next to him, looking drunk as hell.

"Who's this hottie?" Calum slurred.

I had every part of me telling me to tell him to bugger off and Puch him square in the face. Thankfully, Madi rescued me.

"Calum, she has a boyfriend." Madi looked pointedly at him.

"Well, she's hot, wouldn't mind having her." Calum smirked.

"Listen here you little shit." I advanced on him.

There was fear in his eyes, and rightfully so. I would of murdered him.

"Sades, please." Madi pleaded.

That stopped me. Madi has been my friend for a long time. Since sixth grade. She always fell for the wrong guys. I had to protect her.

I slammed my fist against him. Not enough to harm him. Just enough to shock him.

"You better treat Madi well or so help me God I will make you wish you had never met her." I threatened.

I walked away and out of the kitchen.

A/N~ there's some drama for ya. And I'm tired so this is short and sweet.

Adios amigos 🐼