sixteen

An: possible trigger warning. Talk of suicidal thoughts, self harm and sexual assault.

I walked into Reginas class and sat at my desk. It's now been three weeks since she broke up with me. And I've been.. okay. Fiona's nice. She's been checking on me every day since I told her about my break up. She emails me everyday and it's just.. nice. I got my things out, waiting for class to start. I chewed on my lip as i looked at Regina. She looks happy. Why is she happy? "Good morning class. Let's get right into things, hm?"

I packed my things up and left, walking past Regina on my way out. "Have a good day Miss Swan." She said as I walked past and I clinched my jaw. She has the nerve to speak to me after breaking my heart? I ignored her as I walked out. I went home and immediately got in bed, starting to cry into my pillow.

——

I walked into Reginas class, sitting down. In the past week, I found out Fiona is.. not so nice. But I can't tell anyone. Because they'll say it's all my fault. That I tempted her or led her on. I've been trying extremely hard to find a reason to keep living. I feel so alone and I just want to give up. I'm so tired of everything. I looked at the ink on my wrist and just stared at it. It's funny how something that once made me so happy, now just makes me so sad. I tuned out as Regina started teaching. I couldn't concentrate.

"Emma. Please stay behind." She said as class ended and everyone else left. I just stayed in my seat. "I know it may not be any of my business but what happened? You have a bruise on your cheek and your neck. It looks like someone tried to choke you." She said and i nodded, immediately starting to tear up. "I-I'm scared to talk about it." I said and she came over, sitting beside me. "You can talk to me." She said and i sniffled. "D-Dr. Black... she.. tricked me. She made me think she actually cared about how I was doing a-and then she... she..." i started, trailing off as the memories played over in my mind. "She what?" She asked, already sounding angry. I closed my eyes as tears rolled down my cheeks. "She pinned me to the wall in her classroom a-and she told me to be quiet while she made me forget. W-when I tried fighting, she hit me in the face and started choking me. She told me she deserved it as a reward for caring about me. I-I passed out and when I woke up I-I was naked in the floor. She was just watching me. T-there are bruises and hickeys all over my body." I cried and she pulled me into her arms. She held me tight as I sobbed into her chest. After crying for awhile, she just continued to hold me. I sniffled a little and she kissed my head. "I will make that bitch pay, Emma." She said and i nodded. "Can you take pictures of all the bruises and hickeys? I'm going to get my mother to pull the security tapes from the day of your class. And I'm going to make sure she's ruined." She said and i nodded again. "C-can we talk? A-about us?" I asked and she nodded. "Yes. But I want you to take the pictures first." She said softly and i nodded a little. "Can we go back to your house?" I asked and she nodded. "I'll call my mother to pull the tapes on the way." She said and i nodded.

I sat down on her couch, handing her my phone and she took it, her face immediately showing anger as she looked through the pictures. "I'm so sorry Emma." She said and i nodded a little. "Why did you break up with me?" I asked and she sighed. "I don't know. I thought you were saying you were scared to be seen with me. I was confused. And then I was too ashamed that I ruined the best thing that ever happened to me over my insecurities. I'm sorry. I.. i want to be with you Emma. For the rest of our lives." She said and i looked at her. "Really?" I asked and she nodded. I sniffled and nodded. "Please.. please don't ever hurt me again." I said and she shook her head. "Never. I promise." She said and i nodded a little. "Will you.. will you please hold me? I'm miserable." I said, my voice cracking and she frowned but nodded. "Come on my love. Let's go to my room." She said and i nodded. We went up to her room and got in her bed. She immediately pulled me close and I immediately fell asleep in her arms, being completely exhausted.

There is a house built out of stone
Wooden floors, walls and window sills
Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust
This is a place where I don't feel alone
This is a place where I feel at home
'Cause, I built a home
For you
For me
Until it disappeared
From me
From you
And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust
Out in the garden where we planted the seeds
There is a tree as old as me
Branches were sewn by the color of green
Ground had arose and passed it's knees
By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top
I climbed the tree to see the world
When the gusts came around to blow me down
I held on as tightly as you held onto me
And, I built a home
For you
For me
Until it disappeared
From me
From you
And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust