Chapter Six

The Program

Chapter Six

Annie soon let go of me and I decided to just accept Mary's invitation to stay for dinner, followed by her insisting that John join us because she said it would be a shame for me to make my boyfriend leave. Mary's reasoning caused me and Annie to get weird looks on our faces that she must have misinterpreted as us agreeing with her and then she offered for Annie to stay as well because she assumed Annie was a friend of mine.

I wonder what gave it away. The hug maybe?

My dad went ahead and called my mom to tell her I was staying for awhile, which by the way added another guest to be coming, also known as my brother. He also ordered some pizza, making me doing a silent thank you due to the fact the I wouldn't have to eat something Mary would make, she's on a health kick right now and has been dragging everyone down with her.

And where did Me, John, and Annie go? Outside, away from my step mother who was again starting up about how well the paint went with some stupid flowers she had on a table. But of course I didn't mention to my dad that that was why I was escaping out the door, settling with the excuse that me and my friends would wait for Marcus to show up.

But the second that door closed, this came out of Annie's mouth: "Oh my god, Lexi. I can't believe you remember, and John too. At least, I think you guys do. I mean, you know me and I don't remember ever meeting you before the test so I just assumed tha-"

"Whoa, slow down, could you? God, you don't have to talk so fast, Annie. You freaking crazy chick." John said, suddenly cutting her off.

"Well, nice to see you again too, butt head, You're as charming as ever, randomly pulling me from my home into my neighbor's and then interrupting my sentence and all." She told him.

"I brought you to see Lexi. I thought you would be completely overjoyed. But no, first you decided to kick me and get to hugging your oh so amazing friend later." He pointed out. "I've always wanted pain to be brought to me by a moody teenager, so thanks." He said with sarcasm clear in his voice, rolling his eyes as he did so.

"My pleasure. I've wanted to hurt you since the moment I met you." And unlike John's words, Annie's weren't even the slightest bit sarcastic, they were dead serious. Then, she turned to me. "Now, since I was very rudely interrupted, I shall get back to what I was saying." And then she hugged me again.

"Haha, I missed you too, Annie. And yes, i'm so happy you actually remember the test." I said, laughing some too.

"I know right? Seriously, I thought I was alone when it came to knowing about the test. When I saw Caleb, who apparently is in a wheelchair, who knew right? Anyway, I also saw that Brittney girl and both of them thought I was totally insane, I knew something had to be going on." She began jumping up and down as if she was in her own little joyous bubble. "And I literally thought you were dead, Lexi. After you told us about Luke doing all of those horrible things to Jack and then with your disrupting and you going to find Natalie and the next thing I know the test is like falling or whatever....." She stopped her rambling and took a deep breath. "Did you do that, Lexi? Were you really able to shut it down?"