Sports festival

It was finally after school. Saki said he wanted to watch this anime at 5, and he wanted me to watch it with him. I was waiting by the shoe lockers, since waiting in the sun would be too hot. I had heard Teruhashi was looking for Saiki for some reason, so of course a bunch of the boys were helping her look.

"There he is!" I heard a chorus of 3 voices say. I looked around the corner to see Kaido, Hairo and Teruhashi in front of him.

"... Should I help him?" I wondered.

"Yes." he answered me.

"See you at the sports festival tomorrow." I said to him and left.

~next day~

I was wearing my athletic clothes and had a yellow headband around my forehead. I liked watching the sports festival, but not really being involved. Saiki was first in the 100 meter dash. "Good luck." I thought and he glanced at me.

He came back after winning third. "Congrats." I said to him smiling.

"Saiki! That was amazing! You came in third!" Hairo praised him.

"Why do I get so much praise for finishing third?" he asked me.

"Your opponents were in track and field, didn't you know?" I asked him and he gave me a dead look, as if asking why I didn't tell him.

"You should join the club!" Hairo told Saiki happily.

Next was Kaido, he finished fifth. "Oh, poor Kaido." I thought.

Next was the 3 legged race. It was Teruhashi and one other guy. Her partner carried her to the finish line. Next was Nendo in the scavenger hunt. "Wonder what he got." I mumbled as Nendo ran over with the paper. 

"What do you need? This?" Hairo asked, holding up a tennis racket.

"No, this." he said and pulled out the antenna in Saiki's head.

"Wait, no!" I quickly ran up and caught Saiki as he fell forward. I landed on my butt, with Saiki in my arms, his head hanging down against my chest.

"Keep it together Saiki!" Kaido yelled.

"What? What happened?" Hairo asked.

"I don't know. He suddenly collapsed." Kaido said. "Are you okay? Saiki!" Kaido turned him around so he was facing upwards.

"Hey, pal." Nendo called out to Saiki in worry.

"Nendo, can I have that back?" I asked holding out my hand towards the antenna in his hand.

"Oh, yeah." he said and gave it back to me.

I ran my fingers through Saiki's hair, "Does it matter where I put this?" I mumbled and put it back into his head. Nothing happened, but then he sat up abruptly.

"He regained consciousness!" Kaido cheered.

"Are you okay?" I asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, don't worry. What happened?" he looked at me.

"Nendo removed your antenna for the scavenger hunt, then you collapsed. You don't remember?" I asked him.

"I never thought Nendo would be the one to remove it though. I knew he was dangerous. I will need to get rid of him." I heard him say.

"Hey, that's extreme." I sighed and helped him up to his feet.

It was time for the lunch break, and I was holding the lunch my mom prepared for me. "Wait." I turned seeing Saiki was talking to me. "Follow me." he said and walked towards a secluded area of the school. He took out his lunch and had me sit next to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

I saw his hand was shaking as he tried to pick up something to eat, but then dropped it. "I can't control my powers." he said.

"Because of your antenna?" I asked him.

"Yes, it controls my powers. My power got stronger as I got older, I lost control one night, so I had to start wearing these because I could change the world with my mind powers" he said to me.

His chopsticks then broke and his grape went flying. "Here, let me help." I said began feeding him his lunch with my own chopsticks. "You can't participate in the afternoon games like this." I said as he chewed his rice.

"Hey pal!" I heard Nendo's voice.

I saw Saiki get up and he kneeled about to teleport, but since he couldn't control his powers, nothing happened. "Are you feeling sick? You should leave early." Nendo said to him.

Saiki later went back, telling everyone he wasn't feeling well, so he had to go home. Everyone was supportive of him, and wished him well. In the end, he ended up staying. Things went relatively smoothly considering Saiki couldn't control his powers.

I later heard that the guys made a bet that they would shave their heads if they lost to class 2. The last game of the game was the class relay race, with Saiki was the last runner. 

".. How did Saiki end up taking part in this even though he collapsed earlier?" I thought. Saiki was doing well, but then fell right in front of the finish line. "Well... that's that." I thought as we finished last.

The next day, Hairo, Kaido, Saki came to class with shaved heads and somehow Nendo came in with more hair rather than less.

"You guys didn't shave your heads?" Hairo asked the other guys.

"Hairo, the best was to shave your heads if you lost to class 2, we beat them." I said.

"You should tell me these things earlier."  Saiki looked at me.

"Sorry Kusuo~" I smiled at him since his shaved hair was interesting to look at. "Besides, it's going to be back to normal by next chapter." I added.

~~~~~

{Edited 7/25}