E:2

Saiki, Nendo and I were walking through the city shopping area. I needed to buy some notebooks for the next year, Saiki came with just cause, and Nendo came along as well, saying he needed to buy things.

"I've got nothing to do, wanna go eat ramen noodles?" Nendo asked us.

"I eat ramen when I'm hungry, not when I have nothing to do." Saiki said.

"I thought you had to buy things." I said to Nendo.

"Already did." he said pulling out a pencil from his jacket pocket.

"There's a little guy I've seen before." Nendo said. I looked at the direction he was looking at seeing it was Kaidou, surrounded by elementary kids. They were all standing in front of a card shop. 

"What are you doing here, little man?" Nendo asked walking up to Kaidou and the children.

"I... was just going to use the washroom." Kaidou stuttered out.

"Seems like you are having so much fun with kids, Master?" Nendo asked him, then burst out laughing. "Hanging out with small kids at a toy store at your age?" Nendo teased him.

"Shut up! Idiot!" Kaidou cried out. I stepped to the side looking at the poster on the glass wall.

"Valkyrie Breaker?" I muttered reading the sign.

"Even adults enjoy playing this intellectual game." Kaidou said holding a card in his hands, "its a mental battle that requires strategies and tactics." Kaidou said proudly.

"Master, can you play with me?" A little boy asked Kaidou. "I'll finally defeat you after losing to you 67 times in a row today!" he said proudly.

We went into the card shop, and I smiled looking around at the display of rare cards, and pamphlets for local teams. I got out my phone and took a picture of the displayed cards and sent it to a group chat I had, and texted them, "This or Vanguard? " I asked sending the message and putting my phone back in pocket.

I rejoined Saiki, and saw Nendo and Kaidou were playing a match. I looked over the play area, and at the cards. It seemed a lot more basic then Vanguard was, and I sat next to Kaidou since the seat by Nendo was taken by Saiki. Kaidou kind of freaked out when I sat next to him. "Good luck Kaidou." I smiled at him and he blushed nodding his head vigorously.

~~~~

Kaidou and Nendo finally got around to playing a game. Though, Kaidou young followers went and joined Nendo's side. I watched them play silently, I glanced over at Saiki and he was staring at the play board. 

"Something wrong?" I asked him.

"You can't see it?" he asked me, and I shook my head. "I see the characters." he simply said.

".. Okay?" I said not knowing what he meant and went back to watching the game.

Eventually, Kaidou lost the game, because Saiki cheated. "I did not cheat." he said to me and I smiled watching him make his way to the exit. "Coming?" He asked me.

"I'm gonna play a round with Kaidou, make him feel better." I said looking at Kaidou sulking in his seat as the kids crowded around Nendo and his winning cards.

"You're too nice." he said and walked out.

"Kusuo, meet up later?" I asked him as he walked out.

"Yeah." he answered.

 I turned to the sulking Kaidou, "Kaidou-kun?" I called out to him. He loooked at me and he had such a sad look on his face. I smiled at him and held up a few of his cards, "Can you show me how to play?" I asked him.

"Y-you w-want m-me... t-t-too.." he asked and I nodded, "O-Of course!" he said and started gathering his cards. We moved to a more quiet place in the store so that he could diligently teach me the rules and how to play.

"I should go buy a deck." I said about to stand up.

"WaiT!" he stopped me and held out a deck to me.

"I-I have a lot extra. YOu can have that one." he said and I smiled as his voice cracked a bit and he blushed at the fact.

~~~~

In the end, Kaidou and I played a game, and he won. He was comforting me since I lost, and said I did good for my first try. "I found her!" I heard and turned at the loud voice seeing a slightly familiar blonde, and next to him was a excited red eyed kid with black spiked hair. 

"Long time no see, (Y/n)-chan." the black haired one said to me.

"Nee san?" I thought, and smiled remembering him.

"Kamui-kun!" I smiled and stood up hugging him and he hugged me in return. "Then, Miwa-kun, right?" I asked looking at the blonde who smiled and nodded and hugged me as well.

"Long time no see, (Y/n)-chan." he said letting me go from the hug.

"How long has it been.." I mumbled looking at them.

"Too long." Kamui said smiling.

"Oh, right. This is my friend from school, Kaidou Shun." I said looking at Kaidou who was looking at the 3 of us.

"Kaidou, these are some old friends of mine from before I came back to school. Taishi Miwa, and Katsuragi Kamui." I introduced them.

"Nice to meet you." Kaidou said bowing to them.

"How'd you find me here?" I asked them.

"Your picture in the chat. The address was on a corner of the poster." Kamui said showing me the picture and the address on the corner.

"Ah.." I nodded. "Why are you guys here anyway?" I asked.

"It's been a long time since we've met, wanted to drop by." Miwa said smiling.

"Let's go out to eat, you busy?" Kamui asked me.

"I have plans, after this.." I said smiling at them.

"Oh~ Date plans?" Miwa teased and I elbowed him and he just laughed.

"If you ever want to have a Vanguard fight, you know where to find us." Kamui said putting his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, if I can find my deck." I smiled at them and they smiled at me before leaving the shop.

~~

Kaidou and I were walking together, he wanted to walk me home since it was getting late. "Vanguard.. I know that name." Kaidou said and I smiled.

"It's a fun game. Give it a try sometime, I'll teach you." I said to him and he blushed looking at the ground.

"I can go by myself from here." I said to Kaidou as we reached an intersection.

"Are you sure?" he asked and I nodded.

"You should get home before your mom starts to worry." I said and waved bye to Kaidou as I hurried across the street.

I turned back seeing Kaidou was no longer there and smiled turning a corner and running up the stairs that were there. Arriving at the top of the stairs, I found Saiki, and he noticed me. I hugged him and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Sorry, did you wait long?" I asked him.

"Not really." he answered.

"Let's go." I said and he nodded and he held my hand, our fingers laced together, and walked me home.