09:행복

happy

·  ──── ·𖥸· ────  ·

mina

and just like that everything became better, the ratings skyrocketed, me being promoted, companies asking us to advertise their product. everything went perfectly well, too perfect actually.

"let's go eat, to celebrate you know," jae asks me as he stands up from his seat.

"oh, yeah. let me guess, i'm paying," i say bluntly as i close my laptop, packing it inside my bag alongside my notes.

he grins widely as we both leave the building. "duh, you got promoted."

"i hate you," i restlessly say that word over and over.

"the feelings mutual mate."

with that, those were the last few words he said as we ended our conversation whilst walking to the restaurant.

eat were accompanied over a talk about work, the same usual thing we always do before we ended our discussion and decided that it was already late for the both of us to still be in a restaurant, he offered to walk me home but i declined, consciously aware that his fiancée might be worried sick for him.

and now as i stop in the lightly dimmed hallway of my apartment, i bent my knees down, to what has become a surprise for me that a box of cake have been left by my doorstep, accompanied with a piece of letter beside it.

instinctively i grab the one that weighs lighter, still leaving the box sitting on the ground, i start to unfold the letter, slowly yet it feels like an ephemeral moment has struck the time by the fraction of seconds i read the letter.

so how did my confide ended up in a radio broadcast? i'm not upset or anything about that it's just, usually they won't just open random letters, but anyways i figured that your address is somehow the same with the cake i delivered and for a second it sends me shivers but now i know for sure ahahahah, anyways the cake is so beautiful you'll practically fall in love with it.
have a nice day my love.
-jung hoseok, your adoring and cute penpal.