23: 역사

history

· ──── ·𖥸· ──── ·

hoseok

"i'll leave now, it's past midnight, still got work tomorrow. bye hoseok, bye yoongi."

mina quickly rises up from her seat, putting back the cushion that's been her comfort for the past three to four hours of converse back on the black velvet sofa.

"sleep tight," yoongi mumbles, though it sounded as if he was talking to himself mina understood what he meant and replies with a silent nod.

"you need me to come over later?" i suggest.

at this second i'm already set to run a marathon just to accompany her to walk down the hallway, even if it only takes eight or nine steps.

it's not wrong to care.

her body turns back at me as she's already halfway to the door, staring at my almost standing figure. my back crouching and one knee supporting my figure.

"your choice, bring me to the hospital if i do faint." she smiles at her statement as if it's not a problem, it's something cautious.

"i'll not let you faint anyways, i'll come by before going home. you better be asleep when i check on you," i say sternly, my brows clashing against each other as i could feel the tense atmosphere.

"hmm, bye," she says in pure sleepiness before waving a goodbye, leaving the doorstep.

i could feel the tense stare appointed at me from across, when i do turn my head over my eyes meets his, a somewhat cryptic, confused — aghast stare comes to greet me.

"what was that about?" he speaks, now appearing to be more sober and all the vague and soft personality subsides to an almost non-existent and his voice seeking for answers.

to say that yoongi is a man with very little words would be wrong, vice versa if he's a man with many words. he's the kind of man that would oftentimes check on people and keep a good eye on them but says very little words, if he thinks it's worth his care and attention then he will start to adjust himself towards the person and possibly open up more.

"well, it's a long story," i say shortly.

"tell me, the night's longer."

and i start, i start by telling him the story of how my confide danced along the wind, that it started by some random letter to test out the littlest thing in humanity, to perhaps rekindle ones sympathy.

it did, she replied with something beyond my expectations of a minor hope i had.

i told him about how she visited the patisserie yet leaving me with such memories i never had with other customers.

i told him how much we love writing letters to each other even after knowing and even meeting each other. i told him how we like to savor it that it's our own unique touch.

i told him how much i adore her voice, how it soothes me even if it's temporary.

i end with how much worry she leaves me with, how she has made me to be more cautious of my surroundings and be more attentive for what we feel not what we see.

"i'm glad you experienced this kind of feeling hoseok."

"i'm just going to say this once and i'm not repeating it," he says between his deep intake.

"trust more in what your heart says, not your memories."

••
update!
it may seem that the plot isn't clear yet, it will as things starts to uncover, remember to prioritize your health first, xxsunny.