41: 사진

photo

· ──── ·𖥸· ──── ·
(a/n: please read till the end.)

hoseok

rosy red and splatters of chocolate feasts my eyes as her finger comes to the bowl of berries. diving her fingers in pools of both flushed and rosy red as she's doing some work on her laptop.

it was last week when we watched the sun setting down with juhyo to accompany us.

greeting the moon in no longer than a night or a day — along with her words that the sun witnessed and for the moon to only hear by a glimpse, because at that moment we've made our own knot.

my hand travels up to her head, finding them to caress through her now caramel locks. i smile as i continue to stroke her head. "you do know there's still five-hundred grams of strawberry right?" she tilts her head up at me and leaving her work for awhile as we're both laying on our belly on her bed side-by-side, cotton blankets engulfing our existence.

when we walked back from the park, she somehow convinced me and juhyo to carry two boxes of fresh strawberries that she bought from a fruit stand across the street from the park.

"look it's on sale, and it's still fresh!" i remember her squealing as she rushed in the store.

the things i do.

"i'm aware, why?"

i shake my head. a lopsided smile appears out of nowhere, "nothing. i just realized that me coming here means that i'm going to watch you work," i say flatly, now sitting on the edge of her bed and looking over my shoulder, wondering if there's anything to keep me amused while she's busy.

she hums for awhile, perhaps a cat got her tongue. "well i didn't say anything about me being free today," she responds, grinning as she turns back to her pending work.

"mind if i use some of them?" i ask as i'm already standing under the frame of her bedroom door, looking over to meet her squinting and worn-out eyes.

"sure, just make sure it's tasty," she says, not even sparing me a glance as her eyes are now practically glued to the lcd screen.

"lucky screen," i mumble under my breath, my legs transporting me to the kitchen.

as soon as my eyes are laid on the glass bowl filled with strawberries, i grab anything i need to make a pie crust, laying them all on the island.

i start from measuring all dry ingredients and wet ingredients to kneading the dough, and now as i'm laying out the dough on the baking pan a loud and long yawn fills the air, somehow waking me up.

i was definitely spacing out

mina plops on a wooden stool and sprawls her arms and rests her head on the island. "pie?" she simply asks, her eyes trailing to my occupied and busy fingers.

she huffs and slides herself from the stool. in a way she's currently a koala and i'm the tree branch for her to hang. "need a hand?" she asks, burying her head into my back.

"i was waiting for you to ask that." i wriggle fervently, hoping that her arms aren't squeezing the air out of my body again.

i turn myself to her, lips pouting and eyes looking dejected. "cut the strawberries into cubes, make sure it's a cup, okay?" i request softly.

"fine," she says and mushes my cheeks abruptly and gives it a soft pat.

i snicker and pecks her nose. "hey mina, take your bracelet off. i don't want my present being grazed on strawberries."

she cackles, "good reminder. i don't want it to be spoiled on strawberries either." she nods in agreement and runs to her room.

i hear things being scattered and hear her footsteps after, "ho-hoseok."

"we've never taken a polaroid right?" she sounds rather bewildered than curious.

oh no.

i look up and leave my work, "umm, not that i remember." i fake a smile.

"then what's this?"

a picture that came with the rest of the confides.

••
update!
i'm not letting them to have a happy ending that easily, the next few chapters will happen in the same day. lots of things will be unfolded and explained.
i'd like to know what you think and vote if you enjoyed this.
lay down on your bed if you're tired and in need of a good sleep, exercise if you can and don't forget to drink lots and lots of water, xxsunny.