22:이웃

neighbor

·  ──── ·𖥸· ────  ·

mina

"press the freaking bell!" i grunt, my lips forming into a thin line, one of my legs slowly hovering over his feet. well if he's not pushing it better step on it, right?

"oh gosh hoseok, it's about to fall." i start to fakely shake the china on my hands, displaying what i believe is the perfect epitome of cookies tightly wrapped in cling wrap.

"hmm, no?" his grin grows wider, yet somehow he manages to keep his distance amidst of doing it, attentive much huh.

"jung hoseok, i'm never going to write you letters."

his zesty spirit downcats, low enough that it's starting to take a toll on myself

it's things like this that worries me the most — it's how blunt i could get without noticing what i've said until someone's hurt, then it'll always go like the most cliché storyline, with me regretting what i've said and the other party momentarily shuts themselves out.

it takes him a couple of intakes before finally speaking again, "that shall be the primer act and need between us both," he proclaims comically before placing his knuckles to knock on the wooden door.

a couple of disheveled things being scrambled around the room appears not so long after that and it shows that particular impression of whoever the person is might be a laid back individual or maybe be simply lazy.

"please come back later or never, i'm in need of a good afternoon nap." the new neighbor breathes out his words, his voice getting raspier by the end of his sentence.

"but we made cookies," hoseok's voice resembling like those boy scouts hoping from door to door to sell cookies

what's more intriguing is his eyes stays on the floor, it's as if he's willingly gluing his eyes on it.

"look, i get it you people are hyped about a new neighbor moving in. i'm extremely sleep deprived from rearranging my stuffs in this shit hole. i still need to meet someone tomorrow. i haven't even figure out how to turn on the water heater. so if you please kindly hand me that fresh batch of cookies and come again another time," he rapped his sentence, quick enough that it caused hoseok to tilt his head up, his eyes almost popping out of its sockets.

"h-hoseok?"

"y-yoongi hyung?"

"i thought you're supposed to come back in a week." he steps closer to my new neighbor.

what the–

"nah, i decided to move earlier. it's boring to stay in daegu any longer."

he shrugs as he opens his door wider, i'm not sure if he's doing that purposely or without his conciousness.

"well are you both coming in or not?" he says almost forcefully, hoseok chortles for awhile before stepping in, as for me, i tailed him like an almost lost chick.

and that's the start of our seemingly long night, the sun was up and now it's on the moon shines brighter up in the night sky, time passed quickly if people talked to someone who has a big part in their life, and i could clearly see that with them both.

i asked them about how they met, how long have they known each other and like any other high school friends their story started in a similar way. i asked yoongi why he was in daegu and well if i may put it in a way his answer was extremely simple or i immediately know what he's talking about, "i was looking for a possible place to open a branch"

and now as their almost flushed red face acts like little tints of reds, he looks at me abruptly, placing his wine on the ivory furry rug, "how come i didn't ask your name yet."

i smile faintly to his words, "mina, so mina."

for a second i know i heard something, "what was that?" i ask, wanting him to repeat.

"hmm? it's nothing, i tend to talk to myself a lot," he laughs briefly and manages to look away quickly.

why did you say that?

••
update!
so, yoongles will have a major part in this story even though he's not the main lead. sleep well at night, xxsunny.