21:쿠키

cookies

·  ──── ·𖥸· ────  ·

mina

"why do i always make these things?" i start to whine over and over, my back arching as i sigh at the cookie dough.

it's becoming a habit, well to say it is a habit would be an exaggeration, and to say hobby would be an understatement.

i don't really know how to put this thing untouched but it just feels weird for me to not do it for occasions like this. a house warming gift, well to welcome a new neighbor.

i'm not even friendly, why the fuck?

"who is it?" i grunt, the shrill ring resonating around my apartment as i take off my apron.

"i could just enter myself, i just need your approval," the other one yells from the hallway.

"suit yourself," i say loudly as i walk back to my kitchen, to hopefully succeed this new batch.

the digital sound emitted from the door-lock rings, revealing a slight overcast shadow to spread into the apartment.

"why do i smell burnt butter?" he says firstly, taking off his shoes and walking towards the couch.

"use your eyes then."

"you're not even worried that i know your passcode?" his tiny little shriek remains calm yet his face shows the other.

"nope, well it's useful to be honest. in case i suddenly faint you could come over," my blabber starts slowly, growing to be a cliché one.

"how th– wait won't that be too cliché?" he groans before dragging a stool to sit by the island.

"what? that classic romeo and juliet?" i lift my head to meet his wandering eyes, to whom belongs to a soul too bright for this world.

"yes, that classic. i'm bored so let me help you, i'm in the mood to help," he basically rapped, hooking on another lilac apron from the hanger, raking through my shelf.

i stay quiet as i watch his jovial manner spread the room, engulfing its every side, that particular aura that never seems to leave him.

"you know, the trick is this little thing." he lifts a bottle, labeled with some words to far for my eyes to read.

we spent two hours making a dozen of it, his spirit eventually took a toll on me as i start to become a tad more active, i told him to stop bashing out about how he actually educated me in pastries, how he ranted about the difference of baking soda and baking powder — how he would mess his hair even more when i told him i got tired of listening, the truth is i never did, and those white powdery things makes his hair look fluffier.

"just give five cookies, that'll be enough for two days and not to let the cookies loose its flavor," he advices while i nod amidst taking a plastic container.

"if it were macarons, i doubt it i would listen to your meaningless rants, jung hoseok," i say bluntly, picking out the best cookies to be given.

"yes it's true that i wouldn't rant as much, since i'm to busy looking at you failing," he retorts slyly.

point taken.

• •
update!
the character in the next chapter would play quite a huge role in this story, tho not making a lot of appearance.
make sure to eat as you're pleased, be assured that everything would end up being okay. xxsunny.