08:명부

list

·  ──── ·𖥸· ────  ·

hoseok

i try to blink — to at least get my mind to wind up again, well at least for me to regain my consciousness back.

"h-hyung, why are you crying?" jeongguk's dull voice helps me to claim back my composure.

i put on my warmest smile to assure him that nothing is wrong. "o-oh, nothing, it's just i somehow felt it."

stop lying to yourself.

"me too." jin somehow manages to slip in his statement abruptly.

"uh, so the orders?" he sounds rather hesitant about the topic, which i undeniably find unusual.

"right, that. hoseok it's your turn today!" jin announces shortly, getting up from his chair as he leaves the office.

"why can't it be you?" i practically cry.

"i did mine yesterday, and no you can't ask jimin or tae to help you, they manage the post office." he spaces out a little, slowly stepping back before he stumbles from the sudden bang behind him.

"hyung-ah, i was one step closer to death," he says shakily, his chest heaving up and down — trying to calm himself.

jin hyung chuckles heartily — giving me a list of orders that i need to deliver by dawn.

a thin line appears on my lips as my mind is already disheveled by the amount of stress given to me today.

"well at least give me something to eat." i grumble as i count and check all the pastries that needs to be delivered.

"here." jin hyung gives me a plastic bag filled with meringues and bonbons.

"diabetes here i come!" i exclaim shrilly as i leave the patisserie, swaying the bag in my grasp as my arm raises above my head.

absentmindedly scanning the list, i recognized a name that's too familiar for me — to not admit it is something that's equal to fooling myself.

why do you keep appearing?