29: 착수

embark

· ──── ·𖥸· ──── ·
a/n: quick note, this will be a flashback hence it is written in italic, also thoughts will be in italic and underlined.

••

yoongi

yoona: so we're gonna do it today?

yea, i think so.
sent 13.57 p.m

yoona: it's gonna make the brain more stressed, i'm worried yoongs.

no, it won't. we'll just be recreating a scene, like back then, remember?
sent 13.57 p.m

yoona: yea, except this one would be a counterfeit and not the one that fate has planned.

trust me on this, i just wished i was there back then, maybe it won't be this suffocating.
sent 13.58 p.m

yoona: i trust you and no, we both were at the same track as them. maybe try calling him, who knows it might bring back something.

he can't stand the guilt.
he needs time to heal
too, and for them we
shouldn't give up.
sent 13.58 p.m

yoona: so the park near your place?

mhmm, bring something
that we used to eat.
sent 13.59 p.m

yoona: got that, make sure she's comfy.

she always is
sent 13.59 p.m

with that i snug my phone down on one of the numerous pocket on my jeans, taking my wallet and keys from the counter before bracing myself out.

i take a deep breath, hands folding tightly on the knob, calm yourself yoongi.

acting as what i have planned, i knock on her door. three knocks and the ruckus of things being kicked around from inside becomes audible.

droopy eyes comes to make a visit on her face. toothbrush poking out of her mouth, a somewhat professor quirrel hair style tops her head.

"why are you here?"

mina asks in between her little hiccups that are now seizing her chance to take in air.

"you might want to finish your business, i'll wait," i suggest, to ease her hiccups down.

she opens the door wider which i take as a signal for me to come in, before she disappears to the bathroom.

i could see the petite diffuser peeking its presence on a wooden stool placed in front of one of the many pillars supporting the apartment.

"i could see they're a sucker." i find myself walking towards it after exclaiming those words.

"it fills in the boredom, somehow."

"so where are we going and why isn't hobi joining us?"

she steps out of the bathroom, hair still moist with little drops of water dripping — face already brighter with a new outfit.

"i think the park will do, picnic maybe? it's summer anyways."

"jin needs him for today, i'll ask him to come by when we're back," i hum to my own words.

i think the park? that's almost close to asking her to change the route.

she nods a bit late after i tell her that, walking a bit faster and swinging her plain ivory canvas bag before slipping herself into a pair of peach ballet flats.

"i'll just write to him, no biggie." she grins on that word, a bit too much that it comes to my mind to last longer than i want.

"i like how close you and yoona are," she incoherently voices out as she tries to calm her hiccups as we now walk on the pavement.

why is she telling me this?

"we are close."

she chuckles a bit, grinning on the latter on once the hiccup decides to leave her alone.

"a knot then?"

"not yet, it's been quite some time, but never spoke about that," i answer, a part of me being rather confused than with knowledge.

"how long?"

"next month it'll be seven years." a smile creeps into my lips, numerous of scenes playing and lingering in my head from this past six years.

"it's cute how you both were high-school lovers and stayed together," her tone starts to shift, a rather difficult one to explain.

breaths starting to turn breathy, "it's also fascinating how that's the time where i can't remember a thing," the last few words came out deeper and husky, which was unlike her normal tone.

"you're the same age as hobi then? twenty-three?"

"mhmm." her nod supports the answer she gave.

"you really can't remember a thing when you were sixteen?" i now tilt my head to the left, my eyes trailing to hers and sees her blank yet almost confused expression.

"no, it gets hazy when i try to. then like you've witness a few weeks ago it gives me vertigo, almost for me to faint."

she really did lose her memory.

and it's all to protect her.

••
update!
this and the next chapter will be very important, the next chapter will be a continuation of this, the flashback haven't end. xxsunny.