Epilogue - I Do

"Daddy!"

Harry glanced over, smiling softly. "In here, baby girl!" He stood up from where he was on the floor of the cats room. He had to refill the litter boxes but it wasn't that much of a chore.

It has been five years, to which they lost a couple of the members of their family. Atlas and Puck did have cute little burials with tiny headstones in the backyard, though, and the fish got their proper flushing ceremonies. He did keep the fish tank and got new fish, though. Mr. Sprinkles was getting older every day and Harry was having a particularly hard time with that. His first baby. But, he was coping. That cat was still putting around and Louis joked that the cat would outlive them all. As for the other animals, Ace and Jinx were living their best lives with their upgraded habitats outside. Harry had built enclosures with heating and cooling for both, the pool only being used for the otters summer adventures since it was far too cold other times. The dogs were all too happy to watch over River whenever they could. The cats were... Well... Cats. Life was going good.

Harry heard little pattering of feet running and he chuckled, catching sight of his little girl running in. "Daddy!" She squealed, running straight to him.

Harry leaned down, scooping her up and peppering her chubby cheeks with kisses while she squealed with giggles. "And what does my little pickle want on this fine evening?"

River placed her hands on Harrys shoulder. "Is almost Christmas!"

"It is!" Harry agreed with a grin, holding her at his hip and looking towards her.

"Papa says to come get you, Daddy. Need to see the lights." River said. "And I help! I go on ladder and everything, Daddy."

Harry laughed softly and nodded, moving to start walking out of the room. "I know! You and Papa were working your bums off for hours and hours!" Well, Louis was. River was out there for one minutes at a time since Harry either complained it being too cold for her or she wanted to come in for snacks.

"Mhm! And now is night! So you see." River added, moving to cuddle close, her head resting against Harry shoulder. God, she could never ever do anything wrong in the world. Every day was better than the last. Harry never wanted it to end. His family, his beautiful beautiful family, was all he could ever need in life.

Harry walked down the hallway and down the staircase, going to the door. He didn't want to set River down so he didn't bother with a coat since he knew that it would only be a second. He moved to hold his baby close and opened up the front door, stepping out. Instantly he was hit by a chill and he was glad river was already bundled up to stay warm.

"Lou? Honey?" Harry called out when he didn't see him right away. A noise to his left alerted him to turn and just see Louis climbing down a ladder.

"There you are." Louis smiled, walking over and leaning in for a kiss.

Harry gave out a displeased hum. "You're freezing! Ill have to make you two some cocoa." He mumbled. He knew that Louis was most likely going to get sick from being out here in the cold for so long. Harry wasn't ready for that. A sick Louis meant whining and always wanting things and claiming his death. Not very fun for Harry. Comedic at times but ultimately not fun.

Louis grinned, his little nose a light red and cheeks the same. Yep, he was going to be sick. "Come on." He said, moving to grab Harrus arm gently and went to walk him further down the yard and into the large driveway.

"Okay, okay. This better be good. I didn't see you practically all day." Harry complained, looking back at the dark house.

Louis grinned and nodded, moving to hold a remote in his hands. "Its good."

"If it isn't, you're sleeping on the sofa with the dogs." Harry stated.

"As if they dont sleep with us anyways." Louis pointed out, raising an eyebrow. "Close your eyes."

"What?" Harry asked, River giggling against his chest.

"And put her down."

"What?" Harry frowned. "Why? Its just lights."

"Yes. It is just lights. But trust me. You're gonna be blown away." Louis said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Harry huffed, gently putting River to her feet and then standing straight, closing his eyes.

"No peeking."

Harry grumbled. "No peeking." He mocked.

There was a bit of shuffling around heard before Harry saw a flicker of lights from his eyelids. It all seemed one colour. Not very festive. He's already docking down points.

"Okay. Open."

Harry did just that, eyes focusing a bit before he looked up at what was on the roof.

Will You Marry Me?

Harry gave a soft gasp, moving to place a hand up to cover his mouth. He shook his head and turned to look at Louis but he didnt see him. So, he looked down a bit and there Louis was on one knee with a ring box open.

"Harry Styles..."

"Yes!"

Louis paused. "Um... I have a whole speech to get through —"

"I don't care. Yes." Harry said, eyes already filled with tears as he moved forward to try and yank Louis up, holding the boys cheeks in his hands before crashing their lips together. There was a small cheer and claps from River as she bounced around with giggles when they kissed.

Louis smiled slightly against Harry's lips, pulling up and reaching a hand up to brush his tears from his cheeks. "You didn't let me say my speech. I've been writing it for days."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Save it for your vows." He mumbled, pulling him back in. River moved forward, pushing between them and Louis pulled away to pick her up, holding her close and then using one hand to slip the ring onto Harrys finger.

Like he said, every day just gets better.