I'm Fine

I went through every class that day doing the same thing. All I did was listen to music and ignore the lesson being taught. For some reason I seemed out of it. Derek tried to talk to me several times, but I had a hard time concentrating on why he was saying. I was too busy thinking.

"Earth to Val." I snapped out of my trance and turned to Derek. He along with everyone else was leaving the classroom. I grabbed my things and followed him. School was finally over. I slung my backpack on and we walked out of the classroom.

As we walked to my house I couldn't help but think if this relationship was a great idea. What of something happened and Derek and I couldn't go back to being friends? That would kill me. Sure I had Katy, but I was closer to Derek. I had been using music to mask the thoughts I've been having all day. I wanted so badly to put in my earphones and put a stop to the thoughts.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"No you're not. You've been acting weird all day. What's on your mind?"

We finally reached my house and I unlocked the door, not answering his question. He shut the door behind him and grabbed my hand.

"Please say something."

I nodded slightly and led the way to the parlor upstairs. We sat down on the large comfy couch, him facing me with concern. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I've just been thinking a lot today."

"About what?" he paused. "Us..?"

"Yeah." I looked down. "What if this doesn't work out and we don't go back to being friends?"

He lifted my chin up with his hand, forcing me to look into his eyes.

"You don't have to worry about that. I won't leave you, even if our relationship doesn't work out."

Derek sounded to sincere and confident. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I love him so much, as my best friend and my boyfriend. I never wanted to lose him. He embraced me with a welcoming hug. I felt safe in his arms, as if invincible. I never wanted to leave and I hoped he didn't either.

He held me for what seemed like an eternity, but I didn't mind. As soon as we pulled away, our lips met. The comfort his lips brought me was unreal. There again, was the feeling of everything at once.

"I love you." I whispered. I hadn't meant to say it, but it felt right. Everything right now felt perfect.

Derek kissed me again, and pulled away, looking into my eyes. "I love you too."

We both smiled wide and kissed again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Sorry if this seems a little fast paced, but yeah. Vote/Comment.