Flash

••Four days later••

"Nurse!" Derek yelled as loud as he could over the symphony of beeping machines. Ryan started to cry and Katy rushed him out of the room.

Derek ran over to Val's side in attempt to hold her hand, but the nurses pushed him off. They started to speak in some medical lingo that had made no sense to him. It was as if it was a foreign language.

Tears began to leave his eyes as if it was a waterfall.

"I love you," escaped from Val's lips, and then she fell into a seizure like state.

"I love you. Please don't," he whispered. But what he had feared was happening before his eyes. He heard the unmistakable flatlining beep. At that moment it was as though his heart had stopped.

"NO!" he screamed reaching for her, before a nurse dragged him from the room. "Val!"

Several people had to hold Derek back before he finally broke down and fell to his knees. He sat there on the ground for a while just crying. The uncertainty was the worst. Not knowing is the most painful thing.

•••

I see my life flash before my eyes and I know that this is my end.

I see the nice beginning, the horrible tragedies, the friendships, the relationships. I see Derek and Ryan laughing, having fun. I'll never see that again. They'll never see me again. I'm already gone. There's nothing I can do now.

I hope they know that I love them and if I had a choice I never would have left. They are my everything.

I hope that Tyler will understand that why I'm gone. After all we've been through, I never thought I would die and leave him. Of course he's got a family now, but he'll always have the memory of me.

I know that Derek will raise Ryan well. And I know that they will be just fine without me, no matter what they may think.

I love them all so much.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry..

Vote/Comment