Today's the Day

"Oh god, I'm so nervous." I paced the room and looked at the white dress that was sprawled on the bed.

"Calm down, you love him don't you?" Katy challenged me. She was not helping my situation much.

Katy had flown to Tallahassee yesterday, leaving her long time boyfriend Jaime behind in Spain. I hadn't seen her since she went to Spain, and we both had been so busy. it was hard to keep in touch. It meant the world to me that she had come all this way just for me.

"Of course I do. More than anything." I pause. "It's just that I've never done something this big. What if I make a huge fool of myself?"

She just starts laughing. "Then I'll fall or knock something over so you're not alone. Oh I got it! I'll just start singing!"

"Katy, if you sing all of the guests ears will bleed. Please don't." I laughed. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." We hugged each other tightly.

"Now, lets get you in that dress, and down the isle."

I discarded the clothes I was wearing and threw them in my bag. We were in some side room of a church and the people we invited, friends and family, we waiting for the ceremony to start. I slid on the huge, puffy, white dress. It hugged my torso nicely and flared out from my waste and past my feet. Katy handed me a pair of white heels and I slid them on my feet, holding onto her for balance.

"You look gorgeous." She smiled.

I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. My curls fell loosely past my shoulders. The dark brown color contrasted with my skin color. My paleness, the dress, my hair, everything seemed to mix perfectly. I did look gorgeous. I did a few touch ups on my makeup and then turned to face her. I smiled wide and so did she.

"Ready," I tried to hide the shakiness from my voice.

Katy left the room to go see if Derek and everyone else was ready. She returned a minute or so later now in her bridesmaid dress. It was a light peach-pink color, that made her skin tone pop. She intertwined her arm in mind and drug me towards the door.

The doors opened and everyone turned to look at me. Oh god. You can do this Val. You love Derek. Katy and I walked at a steady pace all the way up to the widely smiling Derek. He looked amazing in his suit. I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend, fiancé, and now my soon to be husband. It was unbelievable. I was the luckiest girl in the world.

I hadn't been paying much attention to what the ordained woman had spoke. I was too inthralled with Derek. We were looking each other in the eyes. I loved his blue-green eyes. They were the first thing I noticed about him. The first thing I fell in love with.

We both said our vows and them leaned in for our kiss. Our lips met and I truly felt that this was the happiest day of my life. I'm now married to the man of my dreams. Nothing could be any better.

The serious part of the ceremony was basically over so we went and ate cake and others foods, and drank with our friends and family. It was a small guest list, which I liked. We had only invited Derek's family, Tyler and his wife of a year, Ella and Katy. We wanted to spend today with the people we loved the most. We danced around like we were crazy. Katy and I were waving our arms like mad women, almost hitting Derek and Tyler in the face.

After a while the dance songs stopped and a slow song began. Derek grabbed my hand, we got close and began to dance. He held me tightly and I nuzzled my head into his neck.

"I love you so much." he whispers.

"I love you too, Derek. I couldn't have asked for a better day." I smile.