Without The Bitter, The Sweet Isn't As Sweet

Jackson made through on his promise to tell everyone. I made it to school the next day clutching Derek's hand. I thought that this was going to destroy my again, but it didn't. Derek being there made me stronger. He made me able to handle what I was being put through. I couldn't help what had happened to me, I just needed to accept it and try to move on as best I could. Everyone was staring at me, and I could think about was how, they didn't matter. Everyone faded away when I was with him.

Katy was the first person to come up to me. She was baffled and in tears. She was both upset I didn't tell her and upset that it had happened to me. Of course she understood my intentions. I truly loved Katy. She was my other best friend. We had promised we would hang out more. Katy wanted to be there for me. Which I loved.

"Bye, Val. Text me later!" Katy yelled from across the parking lot. She got into her car and sped off, leaving Derek and I to walk home.

We walked to Derek's house and hung out in his room. He had been working on more songs and was proud of what he was making. Making music truly mad him happy.

Derek picked up his guitar and started to strum. There was nothing like the flow of his voice and the way his fingers stroked the strings of his acoustic. It was all I ever needed.

🎶🎶We used to be something surreal

Others looked to us for what we built

We were envied until the point

The point in which we fell

We fell by the wayside, and slowly watched ourselves die

A lonely death in which no one cared and no one came

When the walls cave in, we only have ourselves to blame

And even if it's dark at least we'll be together

Slowly sinking in the earth to lay forever

You better grab a hold and hold on for your life

Because you don't get lucky twice

Now even if it's perfect, I can't get carried away

And motivate my tongue in twisted ways

It felt like a good night, for dancing and the moonlight

In empty streets, well, everybody's got a reason why

If we could only just get it right

Maybe it will all work out like in the movies

But I know Romeo must die before the ending

With a final poison kiss delivered gently

Because you don't get lucky twice, and that's the truth

Sing to me sweet, just like my memory

If New York City still moves me

Then I found something real

I'll be okay, I could go on for days

But I just don't have the courage that it takes to be real

And even if it's dark at least we'll be together

Slowly sinking in the earth to lay forever

You better grab a hold and hold on for your life

Because you don't get lucky twice

No, you don't get lucky twice🎶🎶

"That was beautiful, Derek." I got up from his bed and kissed him lightly.

"Almost as beautiful as you, Val."

I blushed at him saying that. I didn't think I was beautiful, but I wasn't one of those girls who said they were ugly all of the time just to get compliments. I was average. I hushed him with another kiss. I loved how sweet he was to me and I never wanted that to end.

***

*Fast Foreward to graduation*

I sat through all of the annoying speeches, just waiting to get out of here. What was waiting for me after graduation was what I really wanted.

Derek and I were going gotta bel this summer. This summer was ours. It was carefree. It was our break from the work.

The ceremony had finally ended and we headed to meet without loved ones.

"Congratulations!" Derek's mom said hugging us both. I smiled wide. His father wished us the same, but showed no physical affection.

Tyler hugged me tight and said he was proud of me. I really meant a lot to me that he came. He took work off to be here. The guys at work weren't too keen on the story that would forever float around. But he needs the money so he put up with it. I hadn't spent much time withTyler and that was something I wanted to change, but with graduation and the trip, and then college, there wouldn't be much time.

Our flight left for our trip in about two hours, so we parted ways so we could go pack. I kissed Derek goodbye and he said he would be over in an hour, so we could make our way to the airport.

The drive home with Tyler was very quiet. I knew he was excited for me, but I knew he would miss me. We were all each other had. We haven't really been apart since we moved.

I went directly upstairs when we got home, and started packing my things. I filled a few bags with necessities and then flopped down on my bed. I can't believe this is finally happening. I've wanted this for so long. I picked up my bags and took them downstairs to the door.

•••

Derek had arrived as was putting my luggage into the back of Tyler's car. I couldn't help but feel the butterflies in my stomach.

It was finally time to say say my goodbyes. I felt the tears start to fill my eyes. I hugged Tyler tightly, letting them flow out.

"I love you, Val. Be safe. stay out of trouble." He smiled pulling away. A tear slid down his face, making me feel a pan of guilt.

"I love you too. I'll be safe, I promise. I'll call you."

"Take care of her." Tyler directed to Derek.

He nodded and with that we got into the car and we were on our way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I'm trying to pick up this story.

Sorry if the chapters aren't long, I have a lot to do.

Vote/Comment.