Bite My Tongue

*A week later*

Derek and I's relationship seemed to be nothing short of perfect. We hardly ever fought. We were still best friends, just you know with kissing and stuff. Life was really amazing right now. I can't even imagine what life would be like if I hadn't introduced myself the first day of sophomore year. I was truly in love with my best friend. I couldn't ask for more.

Derek and I ate in the corner of the lunchroom like we did everyday. Katy would have been with us, but she had decided to catch up on her homework at the library. We were laughing and enjoying our lunch, just like usual.

"Hello, Val." I glanced up and saw that Jackson stood before us. I hadn't noticed him come over here and by the look of surprise on Derek's face, he didn't either. "I'm glad you declined when I asked you out, I really dodged a bullet."

I could see the anger in Derek's eyes as Jackson spoke. He seemed to be biting his tongue.

"What are you taking about?" I asked.

"I heard all about why you moved here in eighth grade, and the whole school is bound to know by tomorrow."

I was shocked. I had never told anyone why I had ended up moving here. I hadn't wanted anyone to know. They would stare at me, and whisper. They would start rumors and not listen to the truth despite my desperate pleas. I didn't think I could handle that from another school. My old school was bad enough.

Jackson stood there with a smug look on his face. He was pleased with himself. I guess he didn't take rejection well. He sent me a wicked smiled and walked away, leaving me sitting there with tears welling up in my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Well this is my third chapter within the past two days. I'm not quite sure why, but I've just really wanted to write.

Vote/Comment.