Home At Last

•••

"Yeah, we'll be back tomorrow, Tyler. We're just going to have one last day of relaxation."

Tyler expressed that he missed me and that he hoped I had enjoyed myself. This whole trip was perfect. We saw some great things and had probably the best time ever. This vacation was what I needed.

Derek came up behind me and wrapped his around my waist, kissing my neck. I smiled.

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Yeah," he kissed my neck again. "I love you. Bye."

I hung up the phone and slowly turned myself not letting his arms slip away. I kissed him lightly and Derek kissed back with a little force. Our lips were fighting for dominance when Derek's phone started to go off.

I pulled away, smiling. "You should get that."

"Hello?"

I looked over at Derek and he gave me an annoyed look. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Yes, mother."

I crack a hug smile and start laughing.

"Okay, goodbye. Love you too." he chuckles. He hangs up the phone and grabs ahold of me. "Now back to what we were doing." He smiles kissing me again.

I smile, pushing him away. "I need to take a shower."

"Well, I might just join you." we both smiled and kissed again. I grabbed his hand and we walked into the bathroom.

•••

Derek and I packed our things into the rental car and left the hotel. We had spent the day lounging around and just being together.

We left the hotel and headed to the airport. We went through all of the annoying checks and finally boarded our plane.

I sat down next to Derek and clasped my hand around his. He looked over at me and smiled.

"I love you so much, Val."

"I love you too."

This whole vacation was an escape for me. Derek made me feel like I was the only thing that mattered to him. He found a way to show that I meant everything to him. I truly loved him, and I knew that he loved me too. Every moment that I had spent with him he had made worth while. I never wanted to be away from him. I truly felt I could never love someone as much as I love him.

I smiles and closed my eyes, drifting to sleep.

A few hours later, I felt someone squeeze my hand.

"Hey, Val."

I opened my eyes and look over at Derek. He's smiling, but he looks a little worried.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong." He dodges. "We're landing."

They let us off of the plane and we went and retrieved our luggage. Tyler met us in the parking lot and greeted us with a smile. He was so glad we were back. I'm sure he was more ecstatic about me being back though. He had hugged me so tightly I wasn't able to breathe. And I truthfully had missed him so much it hurt.

"So are you going to tell me all about your trip?" he asked after we dropped Derek off at his house.

"I was planning on it." I smiled. "Why don't we get a pizza or something?"

He smiled wide. I missed hanging out with him. We called our order in, one large cheese pizza. It would be delivered shortly after we got home.

We spent a little while longer in the car and then we finally made our way to the house. We grabbed some soda, plates and napkins and then set up in the living room. The pizza arrived soon enough, as we both settled on the couch and ate.

"We had the best time, Tyler. I wish you could've seen it. We saw The Great-falls in New Jersey, Times Square and the Rockefeller Center in New York. Navy Pier in Chicago was just beautiful, and so were the lights in Vegas. Oh, and the view from the space needle in Seattle is so spectacular!" I gushed at him.

He chuckled. "That sounds awesome. I'm glad you had a great time. After everything that has happened in our lives, you deserve to be happy."

"What about you? Don't you deserve to be happy?"

"I am happy, you nut! I have you in my life still, don't I? being able to have you here makes me happy. And seeing you happy makes me happy." He pauses. "That's why I love Derek so much. He makes you so happy. He's a great guy. Anyone or anything that makes you happy, makes me happy."

I smile so wide, I swear it covers my whole face. "You said the word happy too much, you nut." I lunge at him, creating a huge bear hug. "Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Sorry if this sucks. I was trying not to go into detail of their trip.

Vote/Comment.